Dec 28, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
A 6-0 win is always going to be a head-turner. What makes Saturday’s big rout at the KC Stadium particularly eye-catching is that it wasn’t a team from Manchester or even an Arsenal or Chelsea – clubs traditionally more blessed with attacking riches – doing the 6-goal spanking.
This was little Hull!
So where did the Tigers’ 6-0 win over defensively challenged Fulham rank among lopsided Premier League results this year?
There’s only been one that was a more thorough beating: Manchester City’s 7-0 smashing of Norwich.
Four-goal margins have approached commonplace this year, with four matches landing on the “4-0” number. Two others finished at 5-1. So they are demonstrative wins, to be sure, but hardly anything to write books about. Past that … well, here are the matches with more than four goals scored by one team:
- Manchester City, 7-0 over Norwich
- Manchester City, 6-0 over Tottenham
- Hull, 6-0 over Fulham (today)
- Liverpool, 5-0 over Tottenham
- Manchester City, 6-3 over Arsenal
- Liverpool, 5-1 over Norwich
- Newcastle, 5-1 over Stoke
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0
- MLS salaries released, showing Kaka nets MLS-record $7.1 million 4
- Report: Chivas USA to suspend operations for at least 2 years 3
- Stoke City 1-0 Newcastle: Crouch’s header sinks Newcastle, Pardew deeper (video) 0
- Report: Minnesota United’s Miguel Ibarra to get US national team call-up 2
- Premier League Playback: Can Chelsea stay unbeaten throughout 2014-15? 0