Dec 29, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Philippe Coutinho took the deep free kick, and whipped it into the box. Suarez latched onto the back end, nodding towards the goal with his head, and Skrtel found the free ball on the far post to tap in.
Chelsea have been notoriously leaky on defending set-pieces, conceding 37% of their goals on set-pieces.
It’s the second goal of the season for Skrtel, who also has two own goals to his name.
Chelsea have already begun working for an equalizer, forcing Glen Johnson to clear off the line on the other end just after the goal.
- WATCH: Saturday’s top 5 goals in Major League Soccer 0
- MLS roundup: Houston, Vancouver sit on top of their conferences after day one 0
- Rare bad night from Robbie Keane costs LA Galaxy against Real Salt Lake 1
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 4
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Will Johnson: We Weren't all Quite at the Races
- Owners Legal Issues Have Caught Up to Queretaro
- Juventus Prove They Know how to Win Despite Weak Performance Against Fiore
- Liverpool is Ready to Spend $100 Million in Summer Transfers
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear