Dec 29, 2013, 8:51 AM EDT
Unfortunately for the visitors to Goodison Park, Davis couldn’t reach Coleman’s drive into the top corner inside 9 minutes to give Everton a 1-0 lead.
It was a goal entirely created by Coleman, as the right-back started with the ball on the wing before cutting inside and shaking Luke Shaw to earn himself the slightest bit of space.
With Coleman racing towards the end line with the ball, many looked for him to send in a short cross but instead he struck a mighty blast past Davis for Everton’s 1-0 lead.
The goal is Coleman’s third in his last five, and the fifth of the season for the defender.
He’s been in the forefront of Everton’s attack in the entirety of the first 15 minutes, and Roberto Martinez‘s early tactics have paid immediate dividends.
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5
- Leicester City 5-3 Manchester United: Foxes complete comeback for the ages (video) 9
- MLS Roundup: Sounders, D.C. United slip; LA gains ground in the West 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Man City vs. Chelsea; Everton, Spurs, Man United in action 0