Dec 29, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
It’s been the same old Spurs this season at White Hart Lane, as they run circles around Stoke City but can’t get a goal from open play.
Adebayor looked to volley home a cross from Soldado but the ball struck the outstretched arms of Ryan Shawcross, who was at close range but clearly stuck his arms well away from his body.
The penalty was deserved, and Soldado pounded the ball past a wrong-footed Thomas Sorensen to put Spurs up.
The Spaniard’s first half work rate has been outstanding, but he has yet again missed two or three good chances from open play.
- League Cup Roundup: Liverpool survive 15-round shootout, Arsenal out 2
- Manchester City’s Pellegrini won’t rule out Lampard loan extension 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 3
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 10
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0