Dec 29, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
It’s been the same old Spurs this season at White Hart Lane, as they run circles around Stoke City but can’t get a goal from open play.
Adebayor looked to volley home a cross from Soldado but the ball struck the outstretched arms of Ryan Shawcross, who was at close range but clearly stuck his arms well away from his body.
The penalty was deserved, and Soldado pounded the ball past a wrong-footed Thomas Sorensen to put Spurs up.
The Spaniard’s first half work rate has been outstanding, but he has yet again missed two or three good chances from open play.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 1
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 3
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0