Dec 29, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
It’s been the same old Spurs this season at White Hart Lane, as they run circles around Stoke City but can’t get a goal from open play.
Adebayor looked to volley home a cross from Soldado but the ball struck the outstretched arms of Ryan Shawcross, who was at close range but clearly stuck his arms well away from his body.
The penalty was deserved, and Soldado pounded the ball past a wrong-footed Thomas Sorensen to put Spurs up.
The Spaniard’s first half work rate has been outstanding, but he has yet again missed two or three good chances from open play.
- VIDEO: Mario Balotelli takes amazing selfie with two pitch invaders 0
- Teams confirm Dejan Lovren completes transfer from Southampton to Liverpool 0
- Loïc Rémy fails medical, move to Liverpool is off 5
- Ángel Di María approaching Paris Saint-Germain move 0
- Personal terms all that separates Griezmann from $40 million move to Atlético Madrid 0
- Manuel Pellegrini talks title ambitions, Manchester City vs. AC Milan, US tour 1