Dec 29, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
It’s been the same old Spurs this season at White Hart Lane, as they run circles around Stoke City but can’t get a goal from open play.
Adebayor looked to volley home a cross from Soldado but the ball struck the outstretched arms of Ryan Shawcross, who was at close range but clearly stuck his arms well away from his body.
The penalty was deserved, and Soldado pounded the ball past a wrong-footed Thomas Sorensen to put Spurs up.
The Spaniard’s first half work rate has been outstanding, but he has yet again missed two or three good chances from open play.
- Now that it’s happening, MLS’s 20th season is sure to be the best one yet 2
- 2015 MLS season preview: LA Galaxy 1
- 2015 MLS season preview: Portland Timbers 0
- PST predicts Major League Soccer’s 2015 standings; Do you agree? 9
- Premier League Playback: With 10 games to go, here’s how things stand 3
- Men In Blazers podcast: Ginormous preview of 2015 MLS season with Alexi Lalas 0