Dec 29, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
It’s been the same old Spurs this season at White Hart Lane, as they run circles around Stoke City but can’t get a goal from open play.
Adebayor looked to volley home a cross from Soldado but the ball struck the outstretched arms of Ryan Shawcross, who was at close range but clearly stuck his arms well away from his body.
The penalty was deserved, and Soldado pounded the ball past a wrong-footed Thomas Sorensen to put Spurs up.
The Spaniard’s first half work rate has been outstanding, but he has yet again missed two or three good chances from open play.
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 0
- Pro-Palestinian protestors attack Israeli players on pitch in Austria 2
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 7
- Liverpool 0-1 AS Roma: Marco Borriello winner gives Italians victory at Fenway 0
- Houston Dynamo land USMNT legend DaMarcus Beasley 4
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. AS Roma (Lineups and Discuss) 1