Dec 29, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
With Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool today, we saw two Premier League Title hopefuls – one in ascension, and one in trouble.
Following the match, NBCSN broadcasters Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux break down what they saw at Stamford Bridge.
The talking points were opposite for both sides. With Chelsea surging to third in the league, it’s by the performances across the two halves that Jose Mourinho’s squad can both push a creative attack and repel that of their opponents.
On the other end, Liverpool look like a squad in need of depth as their depleted and exhausted attack was unable to unlock the defenses of both Manchester City and Chelsea in the last few days.
With a similar lineup for both matches despite the quick turnaround, it may be that Brendan Rodgers needs significant reinforcements in the winter transfer market if he is to challenge for the title.
- WATCH LIVE: FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake kick off MLS weekend 0
- MLS Weekend Preview: Trio of marque marquee matches begins Friday in Frisco 0
- Early Mandzukic goal sees Atlético defeat Real Madrid, claim Spanish Super Cup 1
- Robben dominance, Malanda miss give Bayern opening match win over Wolfsburg 0
- Prindi’s Premier League Picks: United to get it right, Arsenal to stumble 2
- Profile: The life and times of Mario Balotelli 0