Dec 29, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
With Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool today, we saw two Premier League Title hopefuls – one in ascension, and one in trouble.
Following the match, NBCSN broadcasters Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux break down what they saw at Stamford Bridge.
The talking points were opposite for both sides. With Chelsea surging to third in the league, it’s by the performances across the two halves that Jose Mourinho’s squad can both push a creative attack and repel that of their opponents.
On the other end, Liverpool look like a squad in need of depth as their depleted and exhausted attack was unable to unlock the defenses of both Manchester City and Chelsea in the last few days.
With a similar lineup for both matches despite the quick turnaround, it may be that Brendan Rodgers needs significant reinforcements in the winter transfer market if he is to challenge for the title.
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 0
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 Vancouver Whitecaps (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: Orlando City SC 5-2 Columbus Crew SC (video) 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 6-4 Real Salt Lake (video) 0
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0