Dec 29, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho is a character, we already know that.
So it should be no surprise that he decides every now and then to drop in on another’s moment in the sun.
Following Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, Mourinho interjected before David Luiz could even answer a single question, entering from behind the camera to inform viewers that he (jokingly) thought Luiz was playing to go on vacation.
Mourinho laughed and informed Luiz he believed the Brazilian intentionally got his fifth yellow card of the season so he could use his suspension to take a vacation to Portugal during the week.
He doesn’t actually believe that, but it was a funny jest.
Luis did receive his fifth yellow, so he will miss Chelsea’s New Years Day visit to Southampton.
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 30
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 8
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 5