Dec 29, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho is a character, we already know that.
So it should be no surprise that he decides every now and then to drop in on another’s moment in the sun.
Following Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, Mourinho interjected before David Luiz could even answer a single question, entering from behind the camera to inform viewers that he (jokingly) thought Luiz was playing to go on vacation.
Mourinho laughed and informed Luiz he believed the Brazilian intentionally got his fifth yellow card of the season so he could use his suspension to take a vacation to Portugal during the week.
He doesn’t actually believe that, but it was a funny jest.
Luis did receive his fifth yellow, so he will miss Chelsea’s New Years Day visit to Southampton.
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 0
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 12
- Reports: Galaxy on verge of landing El Tri star Dos Santos as “core player” 8
- Report: Sepp Blatter will not attend Women’s World Cup final 0
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 2