Dec 29, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho is a character, we already know that.
So it should be no surprise that he decides every now and then to drop in on another’s moment in the sun.
Following Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, Mourinho interjected before David Luiz could even answer a single question, entering from behind the camera to inform viewers that he (jokingly) thought Luiz was playing to go on vacation.
Mourinho laughed and informed Luiz he believed the Brazilian intentionally got his fifth yellow card of the season so he could use his suspension to take a vacation to Portugal during the week.
He doesn’t actually believe that, but it was a funny jest.
Luis did receive his fifth yellow, so he will miss Chelsea’s New Years Day visit to Southampton.
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 2
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes