Dec 29, 2013, 3:02 PM EST
Jose Mourinho is a character, we already know that.
So it should be no surprise that he decides every now and then to drop in on another’s moment in the sun.
Following Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, Mourinho interjected before David Luiz could even answer a single question, entering from behind the camera to inform viewers that he (jokingly) thought Luiz was playing to go on vacation.
Mourinho laughed and informed Luiz he believed the Brazilian intentionally got his fifth yellow card of the season so he could use his suspension to take a vacation to Portugal during the week.
He doesn’t actually believe that, but it was a funny jest.
Luis did receive his fifth yellow, so he will miss Chelsea’s New Years Day visit to Southampton.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 0
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1