Dec 29, 2013, 3:02 PM EDT
Jose Mourinho is a character, we already know that.
So it should be no surprise that he decides every now and then to drop in on another’s moment in the sun.
Following Chelsea’s 2-1 victory over Liverpool, Mourinho interjected before David Luiz could even answer a single question, entering from behind the camera to inform viewers that he (jokingly) thought Luiz was playing to go on vacation.
Mourinho laughed and informed Luiz he believed the Brazilian intentionally got his fifth yellow card of the season so he could use his suspension to take a vacation to Portugal during the week.
He doesn’t actually believe that, but it was a funny jest.
Luis did receive his fifth yellow, so he will miss Chelsea’s New Years Day visit to Southampton.
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: Double(d) vision edition 0
- US Soccer stands by Solo stance; Media backlash keeps on coming 2
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1