Dec 29, 2013, 10:42 AM EDT
Petr Cech also goes for a Chelsea milestone – a club record 208 clean sheets – on his 456th appearance.
For the visitors, Liverpool will look to keep pace with rivals Everton who leapfrogged them in the table with the Toffees earlier win. Brendan Rodgers has gone with a familiar lineup, with just Steven Gerrard and Victor Moses out injured.
Chelsea – Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; D Luiz, Lampard; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Eto’o.
Bench – Schwarzer, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Schurrle, Mata, Torres.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Sakho; Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho; Suarez.
Bench – Jones, Toure, Alberto, Aspas, Cissokho, Rossiter, Smith.
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers
- Martino and Moyes Trapped in Can't-Win Situations
- CCL Watch: Cruz Azul Suffer First Loss
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad