Dec 29, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Tottenham’s new manager Tim Sherwood takes on a battered Stoke City squad looking to maintain his unbeaten record at the helm.
The two teams will kick off from White Hart Lane at 11am ET live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Mark Hughes’ lineup remains relatively unchanged following their 5-1 demolition at the hands of Newcastle Thursday. Geoff Cameron may play a more central role in defense, with Erik Pieters roaming the outside of defense.
Hughes is without the suspended pair of Glenn Whelan and Mark Wilson, who were both sent off Thursday, leaving their manager incensed at the refereeing decisions.
It’s an interesting lineup, going with two strikers instead of the extra midfielder given the strong and physical Stoke City midfield. A main reason could be the absence of both Andros Townsend and Sandro due to injury.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Chiriches, Fryers; Lennon, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado.
Bench – Friedel, Fredericks, Veljkovic, Capoue, Bentaleb, Chadli, Lamela.
Stoke City – Sorensen; Wilkinson, Shawcross, Cameron, Pieters; Walters, Palacios, Nzonzi, Ireland, Assaidi; Crouch.
Bench – Butland, Muniesa, Pennant, Jones, Ness, Adam, Etherington.
- FA Community Shield preview: Will Arsenal or Chelsea claim the season’s first reward? 0
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6