Dec 29, 2013, 10:53 AM EST
Tottenham’s new manager Tim Sherwood takes on a battered Stoke City squad looking to maintain his unbeaten record at the helm.
The two teams will kick off from White Hart Lane at 11am ET live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Mark Hughes’ lineup remains relatively unchanged following their 5-1 demolition at the hands of Newcastle Thursday. Geoff Cameron may play a more central role in defense, with Erik Pieters roaming the outside of defense.
Hughes is without the suspended pair of Glenn Whelan and Mark Wilson, who were both sent off Thursday, leaving their manager incensed at the refereeing decisions.
It’s an interesting lineup, going with two strikers instead of the extra midfielder given the strong and physical Stoke City midfield. A main reason could be the absence of both Andros Townsend and Sandro due to injury.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Chiriches, Fryers; Lennon, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado.
Bench – Friedel, Fredericks, Veljkovic, Capoue, Bentaleb, Chadli, Lamela.
Stoke City - Sorensen; Wilkinson, Shawcross, Cameron, Pieters; Walters, Palacios, Nzonzi, Ireland, Assaidi; Crouch.
Bench – Butland, Muniesa, Pennant, Jones, Ness, Adam, Etherington.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1