Dec 29, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
Tottenham’s new manager Tim Sherwood takes on a battered Stoke City squad looking to maintain his unbeaten record at the helm.
The two teams will kick off from White Hart Lane at 11am ET live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Mark Hughes’ lineup remains relatively unchanged following their 5-1 demolition at the hands of Newcastle Thursday. Geoff Cameron may play a more central role in defense, with Erik Pieters roaming the outside of defense.
Hughes is without the suspended pair of Glenn Whelan and Mark Wilson, who were both sent off Thursday, leaving their manager incensed at the refereeing decisions.
It’s an interesting lineup, going with two strikers instead of the extra midfielder given the strong and physical Stoke City midfield. A main reason could be the absence of both Andros Townsend and Sandro due to injury.
Tottenham – Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Chiriches, Fryers; Lennon, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado.
Bench – Friedel, Fredericks, Veljkovic, Capoue, Bentaleb, Chadli, Lamela.
Stoke City – Sorensen; Wilkinson, Shawcross, Cameron, Pieters; Walters, Palacios, Nzonzi, Ireland, Assaidi; Crouch.
Bench – Butland, Muniesa, Pennant, Jones, Ness, Adam, Etherington.
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3
- Big Spenders: Which Premier League clubs must go all-in on transfer deadline day? 2
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- NO DEAL: David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid falls through as Man United paperwork arrives too late 7