Dec 29, 2013, 1:36 PM EST
With two months until the Champions League begins knockout phase play, the war of words has already started.
“They are quite afraid about us,” Toure said of their upcoming opponents. “The way they see us play in the Premier League at home especially, they’re quite scared.”
Manchester City are a perfect nine from nine in the league at home, scoring 37 goals and conceding just six. However they were beaten 3-1 by Bayern Munich in Champions League group stage play.
Iniesta, Barcelona’s iconic midfielder, wasn’t amused by Toure’s comments. He says there’s no fear factor in play for the Catalan giants.
“No,” Iniesta told Marca when prompted about Toure’s words. “This is football, the Champions League and Barca cannot be scared of anyone. It’s going to be an intense and exciting tie. I think City was the toughest side we could have drawn and will prove a good test for us.”
Iniesta took the high road, but still suggested Barcelona are at the pinnacle, looking down on everyone else.
Ahead of their February 18th clash, who has the early advantage here?
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3