Dec 30, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
It’s a good year to be a Sporting Kansas City man.
Matt Besler established himself as a national team starter and SKC teammate Graham Zusi established himself as a key man, perhaps just this side of solid starter status, but certainly part of Jurgen Klinsmann’s plan going forward.
The big blast of self-made fortune was Sporting KC’s triumph in MLS Cup 2013, along with the club’s ongoing flourish on the business side.
And as 2013 closes, the individual good tidings continue to roll in. Today, midfielder Ori Rosell got into a match with a few high-profile performers.
Rosell appeared as a substitute in Catalonia’s 4-1 win Monday over the Cape Verde Islands.
The Catalan team is not a member of FIFA or UEFA, but does play occasional freindlies, like the one Monday.
Eight of Catalonia’s 22 players selected were from Barcelona, including Cesc Fàbregas, Gerard Piqué, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets.
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1