Dec 30, 2013, 5:04 PM EST
It’s a good year to be a Sporting Kansas City man.
Matt Besler established himself as a national team starter and SKC teammate Graham Zusi established himself as a key man, perhaps just this side of solid starter status, but certainly part of Jurgen Klinsmann’s plan going forward.
The big blast of self-made fortune was Sporting KC’s triumph in MLS Cup 2013, along with the club’s ongoing flourish on the business side.
And as 2013 closes, the individual good tidings continue to roll in. Today, midfielder Ori Rosell got into a match with a few high-profile performers.
Rosell appeared as a substitute in Catalonia’s 4-1 win Monday over the Cape Verde Islands.
The Catalan team is not a member of FIFA or UEFA, but does play occasional freindlies, like the one Monday.
Eight of Catalonia’s 22 players selected were from Barcelona, including Cesc Fàbregas, Gerard Piqué, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 0
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Defiant win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s big win at Arsenal 0
- Arsenal 1-2 Manchester United: Too little too late for Giroud and the chance-squandering Gunners 1