Dec 30, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
It’s a good year to be a Sporting Kansas City man.
Matt Besler established himself as a national team starter and SKC teammate Graham Zusi established himself as a key man, perhaps just this side of solid starter status, but certainly part of Jurgen Klinsmann’s plan going forward.
The big blast of self-made fortune was Sporting KC’s triumph in MLS Cup 2013, along with the club’s ongoing flourish on the business side.
And as 2013 closes, the individual good tidings continue to roll in. Today, midfielder Ori Rosell got into a match with a few high-profile performers.
Rosell appeared as a substitute in Catalonia’s 4-1 win Monday over the Cape Verde Islands.
The Catalan team is not a member of FIFA or UEFA, but does play occasional freindlies, like the one Monday.
Eight of Catalonia’s 22 players selected were from Barcelona, including Cesc Fàbregas, Gerard Piqué, Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquets.
- VIDEO: Premier League’s Top 10 goals of the season, from A(dam) to Z(amora) 0
- Premier League final day roundup: 2014-15 season finishes with a flourish 0
- West Ham announce Sam Allardyce will not return as manager 0
- Hull City 0-0 Manchester United: Tigers go down after squandering chances 0
- Newcastle United 2-0 West Ham United: Sissoko, Jonas leave nothing to chance 0
- VIDEO: Theo Walcott’s first-half hat trick will live in Boaz Myhill’s dreams 0