Jan 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
There’s fresh trouble for Alan Pardew, whose defensive depth at Newcastle United took a massive hit thanks to Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to West Bromwich Albion.
Early reports say captain Fabricio Coloccini will be out for “four-to-six weeks” after suffering an injury in the second half, while standout back Mathieu Debuchy will miss three games after picking up a red card.
Coloccini hurt his medial ligament and limped off the pitch, while Debuchy’s undoing is undoubtedly his fault. The French outside back made a sliding two-footed challenge that was very dangerous even if it got ball.
The Magpies are set for a six-game run against Manchester City, West Ham, Norwich City, Sunderland, Chelsea and Spurs.
- Barcelona’s transfer ban suspended by FIFA, should allow club to make summer moves 0
- Champions League preview: Defending champion Bayern Munich looks to end Real Madrid quest for 10th title 0
- Alex Ferguson backed David Moyes’ firing, will help select a successor 0
- ProSoccerTalk’s MLS Team of the Week – Week 7 0
- Five moments that defined Chelsea’s Champions League trip to Atlético Madrid 0
- Three things we learned from Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea 2