Jan 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
There’s fresh trouble for Alan Pardew, whose defensive depth at Newcastle United took a massive hit thanks to Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to West Bromwich Albion.
Early reports say captain Fabricio Coloccini will be out for “four-to-six weeks” after suffering an injury in the second half, while standout back Mathieu Debuchy will miss three games after picking up a red card.
Coloccini hurt his medial ligament and limped off the pitch, while Debuchy’s undoing is undoubtedly his fault. The French outside back made a sliding two-footed challenge that was very dangerous even if it got ball.
The Magpies are set for a six-game run against Manchester City, West Ham, Norwich City, Sunderland, Chelsea and Spurs.
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 3
- Three Liverpool players on PFA Player of the Year shortlist 0