Jan 1, 2014, 1:26 PM EST
There’s fresh trouble for Alan Pardew, whose defensive depth at Newcastle United took a massive hit thanks to Wednesday’s 1-0 loss to West Bromwich Albion.
Early reports say captain Fabricio Coloccini will be out for “four-to-six weeks” after suffering an injury in the second half, while standout back Mathieu Debuchy will miss three games after picking up a red card.
Coloccini hurt his medial ligament and limped off the pitch, while Debuchy’s undoing is undoubtedly his fault. The French outside back made a sliding two-footed challenge that was very dangerous even if it got ball.
The Magpies are set for a six-game run against Manchester City, West Ham, Norwich City, Sunderland, Chelsea and Spurs.
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- WATCH: Premier League live on NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 29 0
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 6
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keeps Climbing
- New Look Whitecaps Aim to hit Ground Running Against NY Red Bulls
- Three Star Toluca Dominate in Victory Over Puebla
- Sweden Clash U.S. Women's National Team Undefeated 2-Year Record
- Captain America to Visit Chivas USA
- Lockout Virus Continues, MLS to Start 2014 with Replacement Refs
- Revs To Rely on Intensity, Depth in Opener vs. Dynamo
- Three Keys & One Standout for Toronto FC
- The John Strong Interview. Part 1 - MLS 2014
- Gonzalo Pineda: ''Playing Outside of Mexico Has Always Been a Goal''