Jan 1, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
We know Cardiff City’s controversial owner Vincent Tan is on the hunt for a new manager for the Bluebirds since sacking Malky Mackay, and it seems like the search is almost over.
On New Year’s Day former Manchester United legend Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was seen arriving at Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium in the same car as Tan.
Given the fact that Solskjaer, who is currently manager of Molde in his native land of Norway, has long been linked with any vacant managerial position in the Premier League, many are putting two and two together and believe his appointment as Cardiff’s new boss is imminent.
Reports from Sky Sports suggest Solskjaer is ready to take over and he was quoted as saying: “I have nothing to say at this point. I just want to enjoy the game first,” after being spotted pulling into the parking lot in the same car as Tan. On Wednesday Cardiff travel to Arsenal searching for points to get them away from the relegation zone.
Can Solskjaer work with Tan, a task many believe is hugely problematic, to lift the Bluebirds out of trouble and survive in their first-ever season in the Premier League?
It seems as though he may get that chance to be Tan’s chosen man.
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 1 0
- Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem about to jump off the U.S. Soccer radar 6
- Stuart Holden out for 6-9 months, as serious injury hits U.S. international once again 3
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s failed UEFA Champions League campaign 1
- Battling Arsenal bow out, as Bayern Munich reach UEFA Champions League quarters after 1-1 draw (3-1, agg.) 1
- Disappointing Opener for the Chicago Fire
- Liverpool says Pepe Reina can Leave Permanently for Four Million Pounds
- Sporting KC Sign Antonio Dovale
- Cruz Azul Ready to Continue Good Form in CONCACAF
- Escalada's Brace Against Leon Puts Emelec at Top in Libertadores Cup
- Galaxy Know Home Cooking is key to Beating Tijuana
- Santos Waste Away Advantage Against Venezuelan Minnows in Libertadores Cup
- Earthquakes' Alan Gordon's 95th Minute Equalizer Sets 1-1 Draw vs Toluca
- Sporting Ready for Champions League Test
- Kaká Becomes First Brazilian to Reach 30 Goals in the Champions League