Jan 1, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Diame scored inside 10 minutes, as he turned a cut shot into the net while in traffic, but no Fulham defenders thought to press him on the ball.
Sidwell picked up his goal as the clock hit 10 minutes before the break, equalizing for Fulham on a header from a corner.
Both sides came close to scoring others, as Kevin Nolan picked up a free header midway through the half but was saved beautifully by David Stockdale, and Adel Taarabt drove into the post just a minute following Fulham’s goal.
It’s end-to-end stuff at Craven Cottage inching towards halftime, with both sides hoping to propel themselves out of the relegation zone.
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Bayern Munich star Toni Kroos fails to rule out Manchester United move 3
- Manchester United set to bid $50 million for Southampton’s star duo 0
- In MLS, West is best… at least for a weekend 1
- Netherlands and Roma on alert after Kevin Strootman carted off against Napoli 0
- Quick Six: Chelsea’s second halves, Fulham helps Cardiff, and the rest of the headlines from this weekend’s Premier League action 0
- Yanks in Mexico: Torres Scores in Tigres Win, Garza Gives Solid Display
- Julio Cesar Put his Semester in Toronto at Risk
- Getafe Fire Luis Garcia, Hire Cosmin Contra as New Manager
- Former Sounders Teammates Rosales and Hurtado Faced off in LA
- The Clock is Ticking for Tim Sherwood at Spurs
- The FIFA World Cup Trophy for the First Time in Sarajevo
- Despite Early Deficit, Revs Could've Climbed Back vs. Dynamo
- Red Bulls' Opening Act Has A Nightmare Finish
- MLS 2014: Dream Team of Week 1
- Jens Lehmann Downplays Guardiola's Bayern Munich