Jan 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
Cardiff City looks for its first win over Arsenal in nearly a half-century when it heads into the Emirates for Saturday morning tilt (watch live on NBCSN, 10am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra).
The Bluebirds last win versus Arsenal did come away from home and well before Vincent Tan took charge of Cardiff. In fact, it came more than a decade before recently-dismissed Malky Mackay was born, a 3-2 decision on Feb. 11, 1961.
The Gunners will need to keep pace with Manchester City, who had little trouble in dealing with Swans this morning. Arsenal enters the match briefly two points below the Citizens and will deal with Cardiff without Aaron Ramsey, Meszut Ozil, Olivier Giroud and Kieron Gibbs (not to mention a legion of walking wounded on the pitch; Nacho Monreal, Jack Wilshere and Theo Walcott were in doubt for the match but are in the starting line-up).
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere, Walcott, Cazorla, Podolski
Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Ryo, Gnabry, Bendtner
Cardiff City: Marshall; McNaughton, Caulker (C), Turner, John; Whittingham, Medel, Kim, Noone, Mutch; Campbell
Subs: Lewis; Hudson, Cornelius, Smith, Gunnarsson, Cowie, Maynard
- Watch Live: Chicago Fire vs. New England Revolution (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea blow it, Swansea, Spurs and Palace win 0
- VIDEO: Jose Mourinho’s sensational swipe at officials after Chelsea suffer shock defeat 5
- Chelsea 1-2 Sunderland: Blues’ title dreams in ruins, as Black Cats grab shock win (video) 5
- Newcastle United 1-2 Swansea City: Bony’s brace seals crucial win for Swans 0
- West Ham United 0-1 Crystal Palace: Eagles assure second season in Premier League 0