Jan 1, 2014, 9:48 AM EDT
The Potters have lost consecutive road matches to Newcastle and Spurs — controversially — by a combined score of 8-1 and are surely pleased to play where their form has been a solid 3W-3D-0L in its last six.
Everton’s won the lion’s share of these fixtures over the course of history including a 4-0 shellacking at Goodison Park on Nov. 30. Four different Toffees scored in the affair, as Gerard Deulofeu was dynamite in pacing Everton to victory.
Everton last won at Stoke early in the 2008/09 campaign, a 3-2 decision.
Stoke City: Sorensen; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Adam, Whelan, Assaidi; Crouch
Subs: Butland, Muniesa, Pennant, Palacios, Jones, Arnautovic, Ireland
Everton: Howard, Baines, Mirallas, McCarthy, Lukaku, Barry, Barkley, Pienaar, Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz
Subs: Robles, Hibbert, Jelavic, Oviedo, Naismith, Osman, Vellios
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 1
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3
- Moyes statement on dismissal; Reports say he was recruiting to the end 4
- Head coach Marc Wilmots says Adnan Januzaj will play for Belgium 2
- Who’s in across Europe? Glancing at the 2014/15 UEFA Champions League 1