Jan 1, 2014, 9:48 AM EST
The Potters have lost consecutive road matches to Newcastle and Spurs — controversially — by a combined score of 8-1 and are surely pleased to play where their form has been a solid 3W-3D-0L in its last six.
Everton’s won the lion’s share of these fixtures over the course of history including a 4-0 shellacking at Goodison Park on Nov. 30. Four different Toffees scored in the affair, as Gerard Deulofeu was dynamite in pacing Everton to victory.
Everton last won at Stoke early in the 2008/09 campaign, a 3-2 decision.
Stoke City: Sorensen; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Adam, Whelan, Assaidi; Crouch
Subs: Butland, Muniesa, Pennant, Palacios, Jones, Arnautovic, Ireland
Everton: Howard, Baines, Mirallas, McCarthy, Lukaku, Barry, Barkley, Pienaar, Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz
Subs: Robles, Hibbert, Jelavic, Oviedo, Naismith, Osman, Vellios
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: PST Extra – Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 2
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 5
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire
- Report: Man City Prepare $278 Million Offer for Lionel Messi
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit