Jan 1, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
The 2014 Premier League schedule begins with a real beauty at the Liberty Stadium, as Swansea host Manchester City (watch live on NBCSN, 7:45am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) in what’s sure to be a game full of attractive play.
This season has been a bit of a struggle for the Swans who haven’t won in their last five games and have been lacking goals in Michael Laudrup‘s second season in charge.
Manuel Pellegrini’s City certainly don’t struggle in that department, as the PL’s highest scorers sit second and just one point behind leaders Arsenal. However it’s City’s form on the road that’s been their downfall this season, but they’ll be looking to beat Swansea to temporarily go top and record back-to-back away wins for the first time this season.
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Negredo, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Garcia, Clichy, Boyata, Rodwell, Milner
- Southampton’s new Canadian Chairman chats growth in North America, NHL roots, Saints’ future 0
- American soccer mourns the death of former MLS player Shawn Kuykendall, 32 0
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney muses on captaincies, laments Liverpool’s strong season 1
- Robben and Wenger have war of words in latest Champions League diving debate 2
- Arsenal’s Ozil out for “at least a few weeks” after injury in Champions League 0
- Preview: Barcelona, Manchester City stumble into Champions League second leg; PSG set to rest Ibrahimovic 0
- Shawn Kuykendall, Former D.C. United Player, Dies at 32
- UEFA Investigate Bayern Munich's Kosovo Related Banner
- Arsenal's $64m Midfielder Strikes Out Again
- CR7 is a Superstar Both on and Off the Pitch
- Pareja Could Have Decision Looming at D-Mid
- Quakes Hit 94th Minute Goal to Tie Toluca in CONCACAF CL
- For the Red Bulls, Mistakes are Better Early Than Late
- If Man City Ever Stood a Chance, it’s Right Now
- Strootman Loss Detrimental to Roma
- Rooney Reveals Desire to Captain United and England