Jan 1, 2014, 7:10 AM EDT
The 2014 Premier League schedule begins with a real beauty at the Liberty Stadium, as Swansea host Manchester City (watch live on NBCSN, 7:45am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) in what’s sure to be a game full of attractive play.
This season has been a bit of a struggle for the Swans who haven’t won in their last five games and have been lacking goals in Michael Laudrup‘s second season in charge.
Manuel Pellegrini’s City certainly don’t struggle in that department, as the PL’s highest scorers sit second and just one point behind leaders Arsenal. However it’s City’s form on the road that’s been their downfall this season, but they’ll be looking to beat Swansea to temporarily go top and record back-to-back away wins for the first time this season.
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Negredo, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Garcia, Clichy, Boyata, Rodwell, Milner
- Three things we learned after Liverpool’s latest defeat, this time vs. Basel 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Arsenal cruise, Liverpool lose, Real Madrid win 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Galatasaray: Welbeck’s hat-trick leads 10-man Arsenal to victory 0
- Hat-Trick Hero: Danny Welbeck nails three in thumping of Galatasaray 1
- Report: Red Bull’s days in MLS are likely numbered 9
- Men in Blazers podcast: Wayne Rooney’s implosion, Derby Day and an MiBNT update 0