Jan 1, 2014, 7:10 AM EST
The 2014 Premier League schedule begins with a real beauty at the Liberty Stadium, as Swansea host Manchester City (watch live on NBCSN, 7:45am ET and online via NBC Sports Live Extra) in what’s sure to be a game full of attractive play.
This season has been a bit of a struggle for the Swans who haven’t won in their last five games and have been lacking goals in Michael Laudrup‘s second season in charge.
Manuel Pellegrini’s City certainly don’t struggle in that department, as the PL’s highest scorers sit second and just one point behind leaders Arsenal. However it’s City’s form on the road that’s been their downfall this season, but they’ll be looking to beat Swansea to temporarily go top and record back-to-back away wins for the first time this season.
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Negredo, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Garcia, Clichy, Boyata, Rodwell, Milner
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Old Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1