Jan 2, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Matchweek 20 proved another decisive round of matches in the Barclay’s Premier League.
In the top half of the standings Arsenal remained in first place after two late goals broke a staunch Cardiff City defense while Manchester City and Chelsea stayed within one and two points of the leaders after wins over Swansea City and Southampton, respectively.
Liverpool’s win over Hull City helped them leapfrog Everton while the Toffees fell to 5th with a 1-1 stalemate at Stoke City.
At the bottom of the table, Fulham’s 2-1 win over West Ham throttled the Cottagers out of the drop and the Hammers into it while Crystal Palace’s 1-1 draw with Norwich City saw the Eagles fall back into relegation zone.
Joining West Ham and Palace at the bottom is Sunderland, who spurned a golden opportunity to gain ground in the relegation race with a home match against Aston Villa but a Gabby Agbonlahor goal proved decisive.
If you missed any of yesterday’s action, have a watch of the mid-week review video and you’ll be back up to speed in no time.
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0