Jan 3, 2014, 12:56 PM EST
After naming his 26-man squad for the January training camp, Jurgen Klinsmann had let us delve deeper into his thought process behind the selections.
Klinsmann has put a real mixture together, as 10 players involved in the USMNT World Cup qualifying campaign are joined by nine uncapped MLSers.
So, what’s the thinking behind that?
“For us it’s a huge chance to see some players that we haven’t seen closely,” Klinsmann said. “There are other players that we’ve always had on the list but we want to reevaluate them and obviously some of the guys that are always part of the inner-circle of the senior national team.”
Klinsmann also revealed that he’s delighted to take 23 of his squad down to Brazil later this month, to test out the USA’s hotel and training facilities ahead of the World Cup this summer.
“After the first week we will go down to Brazil, down to Sao Paolo for two weeks to test out our facility down there,” Klinsmann revealed. “To train at FC Sao Paolo were we will train during the World Cup and stay at the hotel where we will stay, it will connect ourselves with Brazil. To be able to do that in June, that’s a tremendous advantage for us.”
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0