Jan 4, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Fulham loanee Clint Dempsey started his second run with Fulham successfully on Saturday, doing his part as the Cottagers earned a third-round FA Cup replay back in West London with a 1-1 draw with Norwich City at Carrow Road.
Dempsey started along the left in Fulham’s 4-2-3-1 and went the full way for his temporary home – which was once his permanent residence as he broke into the Premier League.
Dempsey is on two-month loan from Seattle. He was available for the team’s Jan. 1 match but was not named to René Meulensteen’s squad.
Even though he is new to the scene, he was one of the more experienced men Saturday as Meulensteen trotted out quite a few youngsters. The Fulham manager will now have one more chance to deploy his American loanee; the same teams will meet in the replay on Jan. 14.
Dempsey, by the way, wore No. 32. His preferred No. 23 jersey, the number he wore previous at Craven Cottage, is no property of Fulham midfielder Derek Boateng.
Here’s how Meulensteen lined up his 11 from Fulham for Saturday’s road match:
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 0
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 6
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 3
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0