Jan 4, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Fulham loanee Clint Dempsey started his second run with Fulham successfully on Saturday, doing his part as the Cottagers earned a third-round FA Cup replay back in West London with a 1-1 draw with Norwich City at Carrow Road.
Dempsey started along the left in Fulham’s 4-2-3-1 and went the full way for his temporary home – which was once his permanent residence as he broke into the Premier League.
Dempsey is on two-month loan from Seattle. He was available for the team’s Jan. 1 match but was not named to René Meulensteen’s squad.
Even though he is new to the scene, he was one of the more experienced men Saturday as Meulensteen trotted out quite a few youngsters. The Fulham manager will now have one more chance to deploy his American loanee; the same teams will meet in the replay on Jan. 14.
Dempsey, by the way, wore No. 32. His preferred No. 23 jersey, the number he wore previous at Craven Cottage, is no property of Fulham midfielder Derek Boateng.
Here’s how Meulensteen lined up his 11 from Fulham for Saturday’s road match:
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0