Jan 4, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Big Sam’s getting some big guys.
With the news that Andy Carroll may finally be fit for West Ham United comes the loaning of giant Ivorian striker Lacina Traore to Upton Park.
The 6-foot-8 Traore has been transferred to AS Monaco from Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia and word is he’ll immediately begin a loan spell with the Irons.
At 23-years-old, Traore has four goals in seven full appearances for the Ivory Coast in addition to a boatload of goals for CFR Cluj, Kuban Krasnodar and Anzhi Makhachkala. He’s posted 18 goals in consecutive seasons.
The signing comes for an undisclosed fee and is reportedly a 4 1/2 year deal.
The loan itself could be a huge coup for West Ham in their relegation fight, not to mention Carroll’s return. They are in 19th place with 15 points and have scored just 19 goals.
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 0
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 6
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 4
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0