Jan 4, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Big Sam’s getting some big guys.
With the news that Andy Carroll may finally be fit for West Ham United comes the loaning of giant Ivorian striker Lacina Traore to Upton Park.
The 6-foot-8 Traore has been transferred to AS Monaco from Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia and word is he’ll immediately begin a loan spell with the Irons.
At 23-years-old, Traore has four goals in seven full appearances for the Ivory Coast in addition to a boatload of goals for CFR Cluj, Kuban Krasnodar and Anzhi Makhachkala. He’s posted 18 goals in consecutive seasons.
The signing comes for an undisclosed fee and is reportedly a 4 1/2 year deal.
The loan itself could be a huge coup for West Ham in their relegation fight, not to mention Carroll’s return. They are in 19th place with 15 points and have scored just 19 goals.
- Liverpool and AC Milan in talks over deal for Mario Balotelli 1
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 7
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1