Jan 4, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Big Sam’s getting some big guys.
With the news that Andy Carroll may finally be fit for West Ham United comes the loaning of giant Ivorian striker Lacina Traore to Upton Park.
The 6-foot-8 Traore has been transferred to AS Monaco from Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia and word is he’ll immediately begin a loan spell with the Irons.
At 23-years-old, Traore has four goals in seven full appearances for the Ivory Coast in addition to a boatload of goals for CFR Cluj, Kuban Krasnodar and Anzhi Makhachkala. He’s posted 18 goals in consecutive seasons.
The signing comes for an undisclosed fee and is reportedly a 4 1/2 year deal.
The loan itself could be a huge coup for West Ham in their relegation fight, not to mention Carroll’s return. They are in 19th place with 15 points and have scored just 19 goals.
- EXCLUSIVE: Manchester United’s new signing Ander Herrera focused on success 0
- Serbian boss: Freddy Adu sought by Europa, UCL clubs in Serbia, Cyprus 0
- Frank Lampard delighted to sign for New York City FC, start MLS adventure 0
- Official: Frank Lampard unveiled as New York City FC’s latest signing 3
- Sporting Club announces plans for $75 million “soccer village” for US Soccer National Training Center 8
- “Embarrassed” in LA, thrilled in Manchester: Reactions to 7-0 beatdown 23