Jan 4, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
Eden Hazard is a fantastic player who would certainly command a large sum in the transfer market, but PSG has the money to chase the Chelsea star. Could the Blues sell the 22-year-old this summer if the price is magnificent? Cavani plus Ibra plus Hazard would be special.
It’s not a transfer window without approaches for Tom Ince. The Blackpool attacking midfielder and son of former English stalwart Paul Ince has 31 goals in 96 appearances for the Tangerines, with seven this year, and Swansea is again publicly expressing interest. The struggle here is that Tom Ince would be available on a free over the summer, making his value in the interim quite nebulous.
Borussia Dortmund star Robert Lewandowski’s medical must’ve gone well, as the striker has agreed to a five-year deal to join Bayern Munich in the summer.
Newcastle United has been rumored to want Montpellier midfielder Remy Cabella, especially should Yohan Cabaye leave town. Montpellier boss Laurent Nicollin had a bizarre response when asked if the Magpies had contacted him: “Not at all, I don’t speak English.”
West Ham is not only picking up a couple big strikers (one in-house, one on-loan), but have extended Ricardo Vaz Te and released forward Mladen Petric. They’re also trying to extend Carlton Cole‘s contract.
SkyBet has plenty of odds on where Juan Mata ends up, for what it’s worth. PSG, Manchester United and Napoli are the favorites.
Basel’s in for a load of money as Liverpool joins the race to sign “the Egyptian Messi,” Mohamed Salah.
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 0
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 4
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 4
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4