Jan 4, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Rochdale, a League Two side from the Manchester area, took down the bigger more higher profile Leeds United today in FC Cup action. It was one of several upsets Saturday.
Ian Henderson’s 85th minute goal was the cherry on the parfait for this one, tying off the third-round victory.
Watch Henderson’s volley below, and appreciate not just the technique involved, but the very cool effort to get his feet right, pick out the spot and put the ball there perfectly. (The clip has both goals; Henderson’s insurance strike from the small Spotland Stadium starts at the :52 mark of the video:)
- Atlanta’s new MLS franchise has already sold 14,000 season tickets 6
- No signings in 2015: Barcelona’s transfer ban upheld, FIFA rejects appeal 3
- Report: Tottenham set to raid Manchester United, line up Fellaini, Hernandez deals 6
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0