Jan 4, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Rochdale, a League Two side from the Manchester area, took down the bigger more higher profile Leeds United today in FC Cup action. It was one of several upsets Saturday.
Ian Henderson’s 85th minute goal was the cherry on the parfait for this one, tying off the third-round victory.
Watch Henderson’s volley below, and appreciate not just the technique involved, but the very cool effort to get his feet right, pick out the spot and put the ball there perfectly. (The clip has both goals; Henderson’s insurance strike from the small Spotland Stadium starts at the :52 mark of the video:)
- DeAndre Yedlin granted work permit, heading to Tottenham Hotspur 2
- Geoff Cameron: Eden Hazard is “best I’ve played against” in Premier League 0
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0