Jan 4, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Rochdale, a League Two side from the Manchester area, took down the bigger more higher profile Leeds United today in FC Cup action. It was one of several upsets Saturday.
Ian Henderson’s 85th minute goal was the cherry on the parfait for this one, tying off the third-round victory.
Watch Henderson’s volley below, and appreciate not just the technique involved, but the very cool effort to get his feet right, pick out the spot and put the ball there perfectly. (The clip has both goals; Henderson’s insurance strike from the small Spotland Stadium starts at the :52 mark of the video:)
- The world wants Laura Bassett to know that her own goal is nothing to be ashamed of… 0
- Minnesota United misses MLS stadium deadline; Deputy commissioner speaks out 2
- Stoppage-time own goal sinks England, sends Japan to Women’s World Cup final 5
- Stars of CONCACAF: Ranking the top 10 players at the 2015 Gold Cup 7
- “Angel Di Maria has most talent at Manchester United,” says teammate. Agree? 10
- VIDEO: Breaking down the done deals and transfer gossip in PST Extra 0