Jan 4, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
Rochdale, a League Two side from the Manchester area, took down the bigger more higher profile Leeds United today in FC Cup action. It was one of several upsets Saturday.
Ian Henderson’s 85th minute goal was the cherry on the parfait for this one, tying off the third-round victory.
Watch Henderson’s volley below, and appreciate not just the technique involved, but the very cool effort to get his feet right, pick out the spot and put the ball there perfectly. (The clip has both goals; Henderson’s insurance strike from the small Spotland Stadium starts at the :52 mark of the video:)
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 3
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 5