Jan 4, 2014, 3:46 PM EST
Rochdale, a League Two side from the Manchester area, took down the bigger more higher profile Leeds United today in FC Cup action. It was one of several upsets Saturday.
Ian Henderson’s 85th minute goal was the cherry on the parfait for this one, tying off the third-round victory.
Watch Henderson’s volley below, and appreciate not just the technique involved, but the very cool effort to get his feet right, pick out the spot and put the ball there perfectly. (The clip has both goals; Henderson’s insurance strike from the small Spotland Stadium starts at the :52 mark of the video:)
- DONE DEAL: Mattia Destro, Juan Agudelo sign with new clubs AC Milan, New England Revolution 0
- Juan Agudelo signs with New England Revolution, completes return to MLS 2
- How will Chelsea, Manchester City line up in huge Premier League clash? 1
- Chelsea’s Diego Costa to contest FA charge of violent conduct 0
- Freddy Adu heading back to MLS? Reports claims two teams interested 10
- Player Ratings: Some good, some not so good in Chile’s 3-2 win over the U.S. 15