Jan 5, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
It was a draw with little to savor as we found ourselves with just one potential Premier League matchup.
Chelsea would get the chance for revenge, hosting Stoke City at Stamford Bridge if they can get through Derby County today.
Otherwise, every Premier League team still in the competition drew lower-league opponents as Arsenal picked up League One Coventry City, Everton will travel south to Stevenage who are bottom of League One, Cardiff City get Bolton, and a host of other possibilities dot the landscape.
The FA Cup’s tradition of drawing on Sunday also complicated things a bit.
With fixtures yet to be played today and a number of replays secured yesterday, we won’t know until the January 14th replays are completed what all the fourth round matchups will look like.
Also, one bit of clarification, we haven’t even finished the second round yet, which is why the Manchester United/Swansea winners have three different clubs to choose from. Crawley Town and Bristol Rovers had their match postponed due to heavy rain. They will make it up on Wednesday.
Premier League clubs:
Chelsea vs. Stoke City
Birmingham City/Bristol Rovers/Crawley vs. Manchester United/Swansea
Arsenal vs. Coventry City
Blackburn/Manchester City vs. Bristol City/Watford
Bournemouth/Burton Albion vs. Liverpool/Oldham Athletic
Sunderland vs. Kiddermister/Peterborough
Bolton vs. Cardiff City
Southampton vs. Yeovil
Southend vs. Hull City
Stevenage vs. Everton
Wigan/MK Dons vs. Crystal Palace
Sheffield United vs. Norwich/Fulham
Huddersfield Town vs. Charlton Athletic/Oxford United
Port Vale/Plymouth vs. Brighton Hove & Albion
Nottingham Forest vs. Ipswich Town/Preston North End
Rochdale vs. Macclesfield/Sheffield Wednesday
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 3
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 9
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 3