Jan 6, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
The LA Galaxy, San Jose Earthquakes and Sporting Kansas all now know exactly when and where they’ll be set up for CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinals.
CONCACAF announced all the dates for the upcoming round, as the regional tournament is down to eight finalists, including three from Mexico and the threesome from Major League Soccer. Remember, the pot of gold at the end of this drawn-out rainbow – teams began playing their group stage matches in the middle of last summer – is a spot in FIFA’s Club World Cup. No MLS team has yet made it there.
San Jose will be the first MLS club into action, launching its home-and-away set with Mexico’s Toluca on March 11.
Both of the other MLS clubs get going a night later: Current league champion Sporting Kansas City meets Mexico’s Cruz Azul and Bruce Arena’s LA Galaxy faces nearby Club Tijuana the same evening. All three MLS clubs, as the lower seeds, get the first match at home.
Here is the complete quarterfinal schedule (home teams listed first):
- March 10
Alajuelense (Costa Rica) vs. Deportivo Arabe Unido (Panama)
- March 11
San Jose Earthquakes vs.Toluca (Mexico)
- March 12
Sporting Kansas City vs. Cruz Azul (Mexico)
LA Galaxy vs. Club Tijuana (Mexico)
- March 18
Club Tijuana vs. LA Galaxy
- March 19
Toluca vs. San Jose Earthquakes
Cruz Azul vs. Sporting Kansas City
- Thursday, March 20
Deportivo Arabe Unido vs. Alajuelense
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 1
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1