Jan 6, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
He’s the club’s all-time leading scorer and later this week will become the team’s newest addition when he puts pen to paper on a new contract.
Dwayne De Rosario, acquired in last month’s Stage Two Re-Entry Draft, left Toronto for spells in New York and DC but is returning to his hometown. He made his name in San Jose and Houston before coming home to Toronto FC, where he scored 32 times in 75 matches for the Reds.
Toronto FC did not make any playoff appearances during DeRo’s last run in Ontario, but did win two Canadian championships (of four consecutive). He was the club’s second captain upon the retirement of Jim Brennan and he leads the all-time club goal scoring list by 11 over Chad Barrett.
He won the Golden Boot after finishing 2011 with DC United, and is also the all-time leading goal scorer for Canada’s national team. He’s now scored 20-plus goals as a member of four MLS clubs and is the league’s sixth all-time leading scorer.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 4
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3