Jan 8, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
It was precious few days ago that MLSSoccer.com amongst others were confirming that Bradley was staying put at AS Roma during the transfer window, and why wouldn’t he? Despite Roma’s cluttered midfield, he was seeing playing time and rather effective in those limited minutes.
Say it with me: What…. the… heck?!?
It’s not just a loan deal, rather a loan-to-buy deal that seems a decent fit for Roma. Nainggolan has already shown he’s fine for the Serie A style, and he isn’t departing Sardinia on a whim. He arrives from Cagliari a lover of the island he’s leaving and his 3 million Euro cost would balloon to nine million if he stays full-time.
Now this isn’t assuming there’s a direct correlation between Nainggolan and Bradley, but it certainly isn’t difficult to imagine (or at least causation).
Enter Spurs, and it’s just a rumor of course, but their technical director is said to be largely responsible for bringing Bradley to Rome in 2012. He arrived in London this summer and so did Roma’s Erik Lamela (though the results have certainly been poor).
It doesn’t have to be Spurs, but Roma now has an even deeper core — arguably one of the deepest in the world — of midfielders. If Bradley is truly “surplus to requirements,” wouldn’t he prefer to say goodbye to i Lupi?
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Watch Live: Sporting Kansas City at Seattle Sounders (Lineups and discussion) 2
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Gunners book FA Cup semifinal spot 0
- Three Things: Chelsea 4-0 Spurs
- FIFA Fines Argentine Clubs for Fake Transfers
- Sunderland Boss Poyet Challenges Altidore to Prove Him Wrong
- 3 Hopes and One Fear for Montreal Impact
- Top Four Serie A Teams to Meet in Couple of Crucial Encounters
- Liverpool Eyeing Valencia Midfielder Dani Parejo
- Barca Have $83M for Transfers Plus Funds Raised from Sold Players
- What am I Watching?: The Paradox of the National Team
- Preview: Seattle Sounders vs Sporting Kansas City
- Liga MX Week 10 Round-Up: Toluca Keep Climbing