Jan 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
Cardiff City’s reinforcements begin with the reunion of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with former Manchester United Academy starlet Magnus Wolff Eikrem, confirming what PST had earlier this week.
Eikrem has followed his new boss from Manchester back home to Norway and back again, captaining the United youth team for Solskjaer before joining the manager at Aker Stadion to help Molde win the Tippeligaen in 2011 and 2012.
The 5-foot-8 midfielder signed a four-year contract with Heerenveen this summer, where he made 13 appearances and scored twice.
Eikrem’s birth date is 8/8/90, which means Vincent Tan was being more than a little sly with his suggestion that the Bluebirds sign players with eight in their birthdays. And it sounded so zany…
- Atlantic crushed: D.C. United, New York open the season with three-goal losses 1
- Stoppage time goal gives Seattle 1-0 opening day win over Sporting Kansas City (video) 10
- Premier League Roundup: Chelsea clear at the top, Manchester United click, Cardiff bag huge win 0
- Chelsea 4-0 Tottenham Hotspur: Blues blitz Spurs to extend their lead at the top (video) 0
- Cardiff City 3-1 Fulham: Bluebirds win the relegation dogfight 0
- David Moyes on Manchester United’s win vs. West Brom: “That’s more like it” 0
- Dallas Manage 3-2 Win in Season Opener Against Impact
- Dynamo Shut Out the Revs as Bruin Scores a Pair
- Argentine Melodies Illuminate Rainy Night in Portland
- LA Galaxy Gift Real Salt Lake Three Points in Season Opener
- Berhalter Gets First Win as Columbus Downs D.C. United 3-0
- Colorado Rapids - 3 Hopes and One Fear
- NYRB Don't Know What Hits Them in Emphatic 4-1 Whitecaps Win
- John Terry Rules out International Return
- Aberdeen March on in Scottish FA Cup
- 2014 MLS Season: Rebuilding The San Jose Earthquakes