Jan 8, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Manchester City isn’t fooling around, posting a strong lineup for the first leg of its Capital One Cup semifinal versus West Ham United.
One day after Sunderland won its home leg versus Manchester United 2-1, the noisy neighbors look ready to go for the jugular versus the Hammers.
For West Ham, new loanee Roger Johnson gets thrown right in the fray, moving from Wolverhampton to defending the prolific Citizens attack that has been much more deadly at the Etihad Stadium than anywhere else. Manager Sam Allardyce has been under fire and recently suffered a 5-0 FA Cup defeat against Nottingham Forest, but will keep Carlton Cole, Matt Jarvis and Ravel Morrison among today’s substitutes
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Lescott, Clichy; Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Silva; Negredo, Dzeko
Subs: Hart, Nastasic, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Lopes
West Ham United: Adrian, McCartney, Maiga, Taylor, Noble (c), O’Brien, Demel, Diame, Downing, J.Cole, Johnson
Subs: Jarvis, Rat, Collison, Morrison, Diarra, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole
- Preview: USMNT to face Peru in tune-up for CONCACAF playoff vs. Mexico 0
- Three things we learned from USA U-23’s defeat vs. England U-21 0
- If you’ve ever criticized Jurgen Klinsmann or his USMNT, you don’t understand soccer 27
- How will USMNT line up in friendly vs. Peru? 8
- VIDEO: PST Extra analyzes how Deadline Day played out across the Premier League 0
- Arsenal’s striker fears grow: Danny Welbeck has surgery, out long-term 5