Jan 8, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Manchester City isn’t fooling around, posting a strong lineup for the first leg of its Capital One Cup semifinal versus West Ham United.
One day after Sunderland won its home leg versus Manchester United 2-1, the noisy neighbors look ready to go for the jugular versus the Hammers.
For West Ham, new loanee Roger Johnson gets thrown right in the fray, moving from Wolverhampton to defending the prolific Citizens attack that has been much more deadly at the Etihad Stadium than anywhere else. Manager Sam Allardyce has been under fire and recently suffered a 5-0 FA Cup defeat against Nottingham Forest, but will keep Carlton Cole, Matt Jarvis and Ravel Morrison among today’s substitutes
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Lescott, Clichy; Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Silva; Negredo, Dzeko
Subs: Hart, Nastasic, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Lopes
West Ham United: Adrian, McCartney, Maiga, Taylor, Noble (c), O’Brien, Demel, Diame, Downing, J.Cole, Johnson
Subs: Jarvis, Rat, Collison, Morrison, Diarra, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole
- Simeone praises Klinsmann’s US program that “seduces us as coaches” 0
- Neymar’s recovery from World Cup back injury “almost 100 percent” 0
- Reports: Jermaine Jones coming to Chicago, move welcomed by Fire 0
- Atlético Madrid latest club linked with Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernández 3
- Romelu Lukaku completes permanent, $47 million move to Everton 11
- Report: US to play friendly vs. Colombia in San Antonio 1