Jan 8, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Manchester City isn’t fooling around, posting a strong lineup for the first leg of its Capital One Cup semifinal versus West Ham United.
One day after Sunderland won its home leg versus Manchester United 2-1, the noisy neighbors look ready to go for the jugular versus the Hammers.
For West Ham, new loanee Roger Johnson gets thrown right in the fray, moving from Wolverhampton to defending the prolific Citizens attack that has been much more deadly at the Etihad Stadium than anywhere else. Manager Sam Allardyce has been under fire and recently suffered a 5-0 FA Cup defeat against Nottingham Forest, but will keep Carlton Cole, Matt Jarvis and Ravel Morrison among today’s substitutes
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Lescott, Clichy; Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Silva; Negredo, Dzeko
Subs: Hart, Nastasic, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Lopes
West Ham United: Adrian, McCartney, Maiga, Taylor, Noble (c), O’Brien, Demel, Diame, Downing, J.Cole, Johnson
Subs: Jarvis, Rat, Collison, Morrison, Diarra, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole
- Manchester United have two transfer deals provisionally in place – Cavani, Shaw, Fabregas all on radar 0
- Chelsea approves Jose Mourinho’s desire to play ‘B Squad’ against Liverpool 0
- David Moyes tipped by Roberto Martinez to make swift return to management 1
- Three things we learned from Real Madrid’s win vs. Bayern Munich 3
- Benzema goal holds up as Real Madrid claim 1-0 lead over Bayern Munich 0
- Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 7 3