Jan 8, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Manchester City isn’t fooling around, posting a strong lineup for the first leg of its Capital One Cup semifinal versus West Ham United.
One day after Sunderland won its home leg versus Manchester United 2-1, the noisy neighbors look ready to go for the jugular versus the Hammers.
For West Ham, new loanee Roger Johnson gets thrown right in the fray, moving from Wolverhampton to defending the prolific Citizens attack that has been much more deadly at the Etihad Stadium than anywhere else. Manager Sam Allardyce has been under fire and recently suffered a 5-0 FA Cup defeat against Nottingham Forest, but will keep Carlton Cole, Matt Jarvis and Ravel Morrison among today’s substitutes
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Lescott, Clichy; Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Silva; Negredo, Dzeko
Subs: Hart, Nastasic, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Lopes
West Ham United: Adrian, McCartney, Maiga, Taylor, Noble (c), O’Brien, Demel, Diame, Downing, J.Cole, Johnson
Subs: Jarvis, Rat, Collison, Morrison, Diarra, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 3 0
- Premier League Preview: Burnley vs. Manchester United 0
- MLS Weekend Preview: Derbies close weekend kicking off off at Sporting Park 1
- Premier League Power Rankings: Familiar faces jostle for the top spot – Week 1 2
- U.S. roster for Czech Republic: Quick look at some of the newer names 5
- Plenty of surprises in US national team roster for Czech Republic friendly 4