Jan 8, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Manchester City isn’t fooling around, posting a strong lineup for the first leg of its Capital One Cup semifinal versus West Ham United.
One day after Sunderland won its home leg versus Manchester United 2-1, the noisy neighbors look ready to go for the jugular versus the Hammers.
For West Ham, new loanee Roger Johnson gets thrown right in the fray, moving from Wolverhampton to defending the prolific Citizens attack that has been much more deadly at the Etihad Stadium than anywhere else. Manager Sam Allardyce has been under fire and recently suffered a 5-0 FA Cup defeat against Nottingham Forest, but will keep Carlton Cole, Matt Jarvis and Ravel Morrison among today’s substitutes
Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Lescott, Clichy; Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Silva; Negredo, Dzeko
Subs: Hart, Nastasic, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Lopes
West Ham United: Adrian, McCartney, Maiga, Taylor, Noble (c), O’Brien, Demel, Diame, Downing, J.Cole, Johnson
Subs: Jarvis, Rat, Collison, Morrison, Diarra, Jaaskelainen, C.Cole
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1