Jan 8, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The seven players who will not count against a team’s salary cap if selected in the 2014 MLS Superdraft has been officially set, as the league announced the addition of three defenders to the class.
Cal’s Christian Dean, Wisconsin’s AJ Cochran and Hartford’s Damian Lowe, all junior defenders entering the draft early, are in the fold for 2014.
They join superb UConn keeper Andre Blake, Louisville midfielder Marlon Hairston, Creighton defender Eric Miller and Marlyland striker Schillo Tshuma as Generation adidas players.
Four of the players are American (Dean, Cochran, Hairston, Miller), two are Jamaican (Blake and Lowe) and Tshuma hails from Zimbabwe.
While all players should hear their names called early in the draft, both Dean and Blake are projected to go near the top. Ives Galarcep had Dean atop his mock draft.
- Paul Scholes says arrogance could hurt Manchester City 0
- MLS playoffs weekend preview: Which remaining team has the best form? 0
- Van Gaal: Manchester Derby is “biggest” he’ll manage; Rooney in, Falcao out 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 10 4
- Diego Costa will be available to Chelsea this weekend, says Jose Mourinho; QPR and Blues to tangle on NBCSN 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton the standouts 1