Jan 8, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The seven players who will not count against a team’s salary cap if selected in the 2014 MLS Superdraft has been officially set, as the league announced the addition of three defenders to the class.
Cal’s Christian Dean, Wisconsin’s AJ Cochran and Hartford’s Damian Lowe, all junior defenders entering the draft early, are in the fold for 2014.
They join superb UConn keeper Andre Blake, Louisville midfielder Marlon Hairston, Creighton defender Eric Miller and Marlyland striker Schillo Tshuma as Generation adidas players.
Four of the players are American (Dean, Cochran, Hairston, Miller), two are Jamaican (Blake and Lowe) and Tshuma hails from Zimbabwe.
While all players should hear their names called early in the draft, both Dean and Blake are projected to go near the top. Ives Galarcep had Dean atop his mock draft.
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Liverpool 2
- VIDEO: Chelsea’s Eden Hazard dances around Barcelona to score magical goal 0
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 3
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 17
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1