Jan 9, 2014, 11:41 AM EST
If you ever fancy a trip over to England and you’re a fan of the U.S. national team, this could be a pretty cool thing to do.
Aston Villa’s U.S. international shot-stopper Brad Guzan has had a cast of his hands made, as Villa’s reigning Player of the Year was joined by club legend, and 1982 European Cup winning goalkeeper, Nigel Spink at a ceremony on Thursday.
Guzan, 29, has become a fans favorite in the West Midlands after a string of fine displays over the last two seasons. Now fans from across the world will be able to see how their hands compare to that of a top international ‘keeper, with the casts of both Guzan and Spink to be on display during the stadium tour.
This is all part of the new ‘heritage zone’ at Villa’s home ground, as fans can relive the rich history of one of England’s oldest soccer clubs.
Here’s a link to the full gallery of images from Guzan’s hands being cast at the teams Bodymoor Heath training ground.
While Villa tweeted out the following picture of Guzan’s legend growing further with fans of Aston Villa and the USMNT.
Pretty neat, right?
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 0
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 1
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 0
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 3