Jan 12, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT
With Manchester United struggling, it’s pretty much a guarantee he isn’t there on holiday.
So who could he be scouting as the transfer window drags on?
Reports are surfacing that he could be keyed on Cagliari defender Davide Astori, who has been recently linked with Southampton.
Since just making the bench in Cagliari’s first two league matches of the season, Astori has played every single minute of the Serie A season since, The 27-year-old center back arrived at Stadio Is Arenas in 2008 from AC Milan after he was unable to break into the starting eleven at the San Siro.
Speculative reports have priced Astori at around £12.5 million ($20.6 million), but United would face serious competition from Mauricio Pochettino, who is ready to shell out the money to improve Southampton’s back line.
Some have also speculated Moyes could be keeping an eye on Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio. The 27-year-old has been a key cog in the Juventus machine that has torched Serie A thus far.
Moyes will also get the opportunity to see Paul Pogba in the Juventus midfield, someone he will wish he had at his disposal. The young superstar was a Manchester United player before they let him leave on a free transfer to Serie A.
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: LA Galaxy’s Landon Donovan 0
- What tomorrow’s goalkeeper platoon tells us about the U.S. goalkeeper void 3
- Jozy Altidore to captain U.S. Wednesday against Czech Republic 0
- With Radamel Falcao, can Manchester United challenge for the Premier League? 10
- Why Danny Welbeck’s move to Arsenal was the best Deadline Day deal 7
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0