Jan 12, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
A series of pinpoint passes led to a clean finish for Edin Dzeko as Manchester City take an early lead at St. James Park.
The lead for Manchester City comes in just the eighth minute, as City continues to try and buck a poor first-half road record.
The chance required dead-eye passing, considering Kolarov was covered well by Newcastle defender Steven Taylor, and Dzeko was flanked on either end by two Magpies.
It’s been a flying opening 10 minutes, as Newcastle pushed in the first couple of minutes and City has overtaken the chances since then.
Just four minutes after the goal City almost had a second in similar fashion, as Kolarov continues to overlap on the left and deliver pinpoint crosses. He nearly found Alvaro Negredo for a sliding finish but the cross was just inches out of reach.
- Ahead of Atlanta’s expected MLS entry, are NFL stadium shares the way to go? 6
- Premier League Preview: Man City host Sunderland, Everton face Palace 0
- NBC to air all 10 Premier League games on final day in “Championship Sunday” extravaganza 4
- Minnesota Vikings “stepping up” bid for MLS franchise 9
- Manchester City the best paid team in sport, beat New York Yankees to accolade 4
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Week 6 1