Jan 12, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
A series of pinpoint passes led to a clean finish for Edin Dzeko as Manchester City take an early lead at St. James Park.
The lead for Manchester City comes in just the eighth minute, as City continues to try and buck a poor first-half road record.
The chance required dead-eye passing, considering Kolarov was covered well by Newcastle defender Steven Taylor, and Dzeko was flanked on either end by two Magpies.
It’s been a flying opening 10 minutes, as Newcastle pushed in the first couple of minutes and City has overtaken the chances since then.
Just four minutes after the goal City almost had a second in similar fashion, as Kolarov continues to overlap on the left and deliver pinpoint crosses. He nearly found Alvaro Negredo for a sliding finish but the cross was just inches out of reach.
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 4
- Fireworks as transfer deadline passes in Germany: Draxler to Wolfsburg, Januzaj to Dortmund 1
- Premier League Playback: It’s time to change the Transfer Window rules 2
- Draxler, Pogba, Januzaj headline 10 deals to monitor as we near Transfer Deadline Day 1
- Manchester United to add new $56 million striker as Monaco’s Martial leaves France duty 1