Jan 12, 2014, 9:21 AM EST
A series of pinpoint passes led to a clean finish for Edin Dzeko as Manchester City take an early lead at St. James Park.
The lead for Manchester City comes in just the eighth minute, as City continues to try and buck a poor first-half road record.
The chance required dead-eye passing, considering Kolarov was covered well by Newcastle defender Steven Taylor, and Dzeko was flanked on either end by two Magpies.
It’s been a flying opening 10 minutes, as Newcastle pushed in the first couple of minutes and City has overtaken the chances since then.
Just four minutes after the goal City almost had a second in similar fashion, as Kolarov continues to overlap on the left and deliver pinpoint crosses. He nearly found Alvaro Negredo for a sliding finish but the cross was just inches out of reach.
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 2
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0
- WATCH: Messi’s teammates repeatedly toss him in air after breaking La Liga record 1
- Marquee win proves van Gaal’s Manchester United on the right track 0