Jan 12, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
A series of pinpoint passes led to a clean finish for Edin Dzeko as Manchester City take an early lead at St. James Park.
The lead for Manchester City comes in just the eighth minute, as City continues to try and buck a poor first-half road record.
The chance required dead-eye passing, considering Kolarov was covered well by Newcastle defender Steven Taylor, and Dzeko was flanked on either end by two Magpies.
It’s been a flying opening 10 minutes, as Newcastle pushed in the first couple of minutes and City has overtaken the chances since then.
Just four minutes after the goal City almost had a second in similar fashion, as Kolarov continues to overlap on the left and deliver pinpoint crosses. He nearly found Alvaro Negredo for a sliding finish but the cross was just inches out of reach.
- Americans Abroad Preview: Howard looks for bounceback vs Manchester United 0
- Report: 10-year-old daughter of former FIFA official received over $3 million 1
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Sunderland 0
- Homegrown star Shipp hoping to guide Chicago to first win of 2014 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 35 0
- Jurgen Klinsmann on Jozy Altidore’s situation, USMNT squad and more 3