Jan 12, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
Manchester City haven’t lost away from the Etihad since Nov. 10, yet concerns about their road form remain. Given the team is ‘only’ +4 away on the road (as opposed to +32 at home), questions about their play away from Manchester aren’t without merit. But there’s a big difference between questions and concerns, and with the Citizens having claimed wins as Bayern Munich and Newcastle since being shocked at Sunderland in November, the Premier League favorites have shown they can win on the road.
In the wake of that win at Newcastle, Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux talk about the Citizens’ road form, giving Manuel Pellegrini’s side passing marks after its 2-0 result Sunday at St. James’ Park. The duo also discuss the quality on display from the home side, who were hard done by a curiously disallowed goal in the 34th minute.
Had Cheick Tioté’s strike been allowed, Newcastle would have been able to carry momentum into half-time, according to Le Saux. Without it, City were able to weather the Magpies’ assault, leaving Newcastle with their 15th win in 21 games.
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 0
- Report: AZ Alkmaar speaking with Werder Bremen about Aron Johannsson 0
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 4
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 8
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 7
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 5