Jan 12, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Liverpool looked a lock for a Champions League finish this season at the start, but recent missteps have seen them tumble to sixth place in the table.
They’ll look to buck the recent trend with an away match at the Britannia as they kick off against Stoke City at 11:10am ET on NBCSN or live online at NBC Sports Live Extra.
Oddly enough, Liverpool have endured a long tenure of struggles at the Britannia, with their last road win over Stoke coming almost 30 years ago in 1984.
Luis Suarez and company will look to kick that trend to the curb today, and the Uruguayan could have Daniel Sturridge back in support. The England international had developed a sparkling partnership with Suarez before an ankle injury in late November forced him to the sidelines.
Sturridge makes his return to the squad today, on the bench for the first time since the injury.
Stoke City – Butland; Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Adam, Whelan, Arnautovic; Crouch.
Bench – Sorensen, Muniesa, Pennant, Palacios, Etherington, Shotton, Ireland.
Liverpool – Mignolet; Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure; Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson; Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez.
Bench – Ward, Kelly, Ibe, Aspas, Moses, Sturridge, Alberto.
- Jose Mourinho: Chelsea had Manchester United’s stars “in our pockets.” Is he right? 0
- Manchester City 2-0 West Ham: Two first half goals put down poor Hammers 0
- Borussia Dortmund names Thomas Tuchel as Jurgen Klopp’s successor 0
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 1
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 0-1 Vancouver Whitecaps 0