Jan 13, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
During the 2012 Ballon d’Or ceremony Lionel Messi donned a hideous polka-dot tuxedo, showing the world that his fashion sense wasn’t necessarily on par with his football skills.
For this year’s ceremony, Messi one-upped last year’s garb by wearing a bright red tuxedo that would have Ron Burgundy himself jealous.
Normally, a man would be panned for wearing such duds. But this is Lionel Messi. And he has carte blanche to wear whatever the heck he wants, without ridicule, for the rest of his life.
It’s of little surprise, then, that Twitter has been abuzz with Messi-related tweets and photos. Here are the best ones from today:
- Steven Gerrard will play somewhere next season, Liverpool deal or not 0
- Los Angeles officially given new MLS team; Magic Johnson, Vincent Tan among investors 4
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 5
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 12