Jan 13, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
During the 2012 Ballon d’Or ceremony Lionel Messi donned a hideous polka-dot tuxedo, showing the world that his fashion sense wasn’t necessarily on par with his football skills.
For this year’s ceremony, Messi one-upped last year’s garb by wearing a bright red tuxedo that would have Ron Burgundy himself jealous.
Normally, a man would be panned for wearing such duds. But this is Lionel Messi. And he has carte blanche to wear whatever the heck he wants, without ridicule, for the rest of his life.
It’s of little surprise, then, that Twitter has been abuzz with Messi-related tweets and photos. Here are the best ones from today:
- PST’s Major League Soccer Power Rankings – Whole New World Edition 0
- Samuel Eto’o signs two-year deal with Everton 0
- League Cup Roundup: Manchester United embarrassed by Milton Keynes, 4-0 8
- Landon Donovan will get U.S. farewell, to be called up to face Ecuador 7
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: New York’s Thierry Henry 2
- Jermaine Jones unveiled in New England, quips that “I like to win” 0