Jan 13, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
During the 2012 Ballon d’Or ceremony Lionel Messi donned a hideous polka-dot tuxedo, showing the world that his fashion sense wasn’t necessarily on par with his football skills.
For this year’s ceremony, Messi one-upped last year’s garb by wearing a bright red tuxedo that would have Ron Burgundy himself jealous.
Normally, a man would be panned for wearing such duds. But this is Lionel Messi. And he has carte blanche to wear whatever the heck he wants, without ridicule, for the rest of his life.
It’s of little surprise, then, that Twitter has been abuzz with Messi-related tweets and photos. Here are the best ones from today:
- Preview: Atlético Madrid back on track before Champions League visit from goal-shy Milan 0
- Preview: Bayern Munich on guard ahead of Arsenal’s Champions League visit 0
- Third time’s the harm: Fan violence forces abandonment of Trabzonspor’s match with Fenerbahce 2
- If you had Pepe Reina in your “European star rumored for MLS” pool today, you win! 0
- US women lose second straight for first time since 2001 after ugly 5-3 defeat to Denmark 4
- Premier League Playback: Fifth place finish for Man United? Superstar Shaw, Arsenal’s big chance 0
- Revs Waive DelPiccolo; Roster Stands at 27
- Inter President Denies Holding Talks with Chicharito
- Nearly Perfect Start for Galaxy, Result Aside
- USWNT Lose to Denmark 5-3 in Algarve Cup
- Real Salt Lake's Nick Rimando Named MLS Player of the Week
- Will Johnson Signs New Multi-Year Contract With Portland Timbers
- Martino and Moyes Trapped in Can't-Win Situations
- CCL Watch: Cruz Azul Suffer First Loss
- TV Ratings for MLS Season Opener Increase 283% in 1 Year
- Liga MX Radar: Michael Arroyo Scores a Quad