Jan 13, 2014, 1:27 PM EDT
During the 2012 Ballon d’Or ceremony Lionel Messi donned a hideous polka-dot tuxedo, showing the world that his fashion sense wasn’t necessarily on par with his football skills.
For this year’s ceremony, Messi one-upped last year’s garb by wearing a bright red tuxedo that would have Ron Burgundy himself jealous.
Normally, a man would be panned for wearing such duds. But this is Lionel Messi. And he has carte blanche to wear whatever the heck he wants, without ridicule, for the rest of his life.
It’s of little surprise, then, that Twitter has been abuzz with Messi-related tweets and photos. Here are the best ones from today:
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 0
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2