Jan 13, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
Yesterday was the most exciting day of Premier League football in a long time. The first match, Newcastle v. Manchester City, was a physical, up-tempo encounter that featured arguably the most controversial call of the year.
So as you’re sitting in the office sipping coffee this morning, we invite you to re-live the clinical nature by which David Silva‘s defense-splitting pass finds Alexandar Kolarov, who’s one-timer is perfectly met by Edin Dzeko. Re-live Cheick Tiote’s left-footed rocket that referee Mike Jones cruelly ruled offside. And re-live the amazing Alvaro Negredo, as he notches his 9th goal of the year, confirming for audiences why he’s known as ‘The Beast.’
When you’re done, it’s time for the analysis and who better than Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux to break down all the action. Enjoy.
- Real Madrid sign James Rodriguez for $107 million 2
- Xavi Hernández reportedly inching closer to New York City FC 10
- New report kicks off another round of Las Vegas expansion talk for MLS 2
- PST’s Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Sporting Kansas City’s Benny Feilhaber 0
- Qatar/Russia World Cup bidding investigation delayed until September 6
- Report: Bayern Munich confirms Julian Green on first team for US trip 10