Jan 13, 2014, 8:20 AM EST
Yesterday was the most exciting day of Premier League football in a long time. The first match, Newcastle v. Manchester City, was a physical, up-tempo encounter that featured arguably the most controversial call of the year.
So as you’re sitting in the office sipping coffee this morning, we invite you to re-live the clinical nature by which David Silva‘s defense-splitting pass finds Alexandar Kolarov, who’s one-timer is perfectly met by Edin Dzeko. Re-live Cheick Tiote’s left-footed rocket that referee Mike Jones cruelly ruled offside. And re-live the amazing Alvaro Negredo, as he notches his 9th goal of the year, confirming for audiences why he’s known as ‘The Beast.’
When you’re done, it’s time for the analysis and who better than Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux to break down all the action. Enjoy.
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0