Jan 13, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
Yesterday was the most exciting day of Premier League football in a long time. The first match, Newcastle v. Manchester City, was a physical, up-tempo encounter that featured arguably the most controversial call of the year.
So as you’re sitting in the office sipping coffee this morning, we invite you to re-live the clinical nature by which David Silva‘s defense-splitting pass finds Alexandar Kolarov, who’s one-timer is perfectly met by Edin Dzeko. Re-live Cheick Tiote’s left-footed rocket that referee Mike Jones cruelly ruled offside. And re-live the amazing Alvaro Negredo, as he notches his 9th goal of the year, confirming for audiences why he’s known as ‘The Beast.’
When you’re done, it’s time for the analysis and who better than Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux to break down all the action. Enjoy.
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4