Jan 13, 2014, 8:20 AM EDT
Yesterday was the most exciting day of Premier League football in a long time. The first match, Newcastle v. Manchester City, was a physical, up-tempo encounter that featured arguably the most controversial call of the year.
So as you’re sitting in the office sipping coffee this morning, we invite you to re-live the clinical nature by which David Silva‘s defense-splitting pass finds Alexandar Kolarov, who’s one-timer is perfectly met by Edin Dzeko. Re-live Cheick Tiote’s left-footed rocket that referee Mike Jones cruelly ruled offside. And re-live the amazing Alvaro Negredo, as he notches his 9th goal of the year, confirming for audiences why he’s known as ‘The Beast.’
When you’re done, it’s time for the analysis and who better than Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux to break down all the action. Enjoy.
- Jose Mourinho issues Chelsea injury update; believes Arsenal can win Premier League 0
- After 12-year absence, Southampton wholeheartedly embrace European return 1
- Theo Walcott signs lucrative four-year contract at Arsenal; Cazorla extends 0
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6