Jan 13, 2014, 8:20 AM EST
Yesterday was the most exciting day of Premier League football in a long time. The first match, Newcastle v. Manchester City, was a physical, up-tempo encounter that featured arguably the most controversial call of the year.
So as you’re sitting in the office sipping coffee this morning, we invite you to re-live the clinical nature by which David Silva‘s defense-splitting pass finds Alexandar Kolarov, who’s one-timer is perfectly met by Edin Dzeko. Re-live Cheick Tiote’s left-footed rocket that referee Mike Jones cruelly ruled offside. And re-live the amazing Alvaro Negredo, as he notches his 9th goal of the year, confirming for audiences why he’s known as ‘The Beast.’
When you’re done, it’s time for the analysis and who better than Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux to break down all the action. Enjoy.
- Italy head coach Antonio Conte supports Sebastian Giovinco’s move to MLS 7
- USMNT U-20s defeat El Salvador, 2-0, qualify for 2015 U-20 World Cup 1
- Jurgen Klinsmann names 23-man roster for USMNT friendlies vs. Chile, Panama 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Ivory Coast, Cameroon in 1-1 draws as Group D up for grabs 0
- Mourinho on loss: “Me and the players must feel ashamed” 0
- FA Cup roundup: Top-three Premier League teams all eliminated at home 2