Jan 13, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Yesterday was the most exciting day of Premier League football in a long time. The second match, Stoke City v. Liverpool, was a see-saw goal-feast played in conditions that underline why the Britannia such a feared placed to travel.
As we’ve come to expect when Liverpool play, the scoring started early when Aly Cissokho‘s long-range rip was deflected by Stoke’s Ryan Shawcross. When the Reds went up two goals on Luis Suarez‘ 21st strike of the year, things looked to be getting out of hand. But Stoke soon had an answer. Then another. And suddenly, it was game on in the driving rain – perfect conditions for two physically marauding sides.
As the match twisted and turned it was the sensational strike-partnership of Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, known affectionately as SAS, that reared it’s beautiful head reminding everyone that when these two are healthy anything is possible for Liverpool.
Whether you watched it live or are only now just hearing about it, do yourself a favor and check out the video highlights from what was, without a doubt, one of the most entertaining and thrilling matches of the season.
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 0
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 1
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1