Jan 15, 2014, 1:38 PM EST
We visited Americans in England earlier, but what about Yanks in the rest of the world? It’s a lighter time with many leagues on winter break but here we go…
Alejandro Bedoya played 69 minutes for Nantes in their 1-0 win over Lorient over the weekend as the Canaries continued their surprising season in France’s top flight. He has three goals on the season but hasn’t tallied since scoring in back-to-back matches early in December.
In Germany, a lot of the talk has been off the pitch. Jermaine Jones and Fabian Johnson are both rumored for transfers away from Schalke and Hoffenheim, respectively. Borussia Mönchengladbach are among those interested in Johnson, while Jones is being tipped for either an MLS bow or a return to the Premier League, where he spent time on loan with Blackburn three years ago. Aston Villa, West Brom, Sunderland, Norwich and Crystal Palace have been names whispered as potential suitors.
“I wanted to get my form together,” Chandler stated. “I know there were many people who thought I didn’t make a hard decision because I wanted to play for Germany, but there was no question that I wanted to play for the USA. Now, I just try to play well and wait for a call.”
Staying in the Bundesliga, young phemom John Anthony Brooks is missing the team’s winter break camp with an injury that isn’t considered serious. In Germany’s second tier, Kaiserslautern’s Andrew Wooten is headed on loan to FSV Frankfurt.
In Mexico, Jose Torres scored for Tigres in his 2014 debut for the club. He featured all 90 minutes in the center of the park in a Copa MX group stage win over Atlético San Luis. Puebla’s Michael Orozco played 90 minutes and assisted on the club’s goal in their 1-1 dra against Monterrey, while DaMarcus Beasley played 76 minutes in the win.
- Head of Dutch FA, Michael van Praag, will challenge Blatter for FIFA presidency 0
- Newcastle United name John Carver head coach until end of 2014-15 season 0
- Transfer ban for Real Madrid? Probe launched after signing of Venezuelan kids 2
- Transfer rumor roundup: Ings to Tottenham Hotspur, Busquets to Manchester United 0
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 4