Jan 15, 2014, 1:08 PM EST
Steve Bruce got his man on a three and a half-year deal.
The transfer fee is officially undisclosed, but Hull City have spent a believed 6.5 million pound in its swoop for Everton’s Nikita Jelavic with the opportunity for a million more if the Tigers avoid relegation.
It’ll be a profit for Everton and a great bit of business on-and-off the pitch. Jelavic signed from a troubled Rangers side for 4 million pounds and gave the Toffees 21 goals in 69 total appearances before being sold for a profit.
“It is a good club, and we have a good squad. We talked a little bit, but it didn’t take long to realise that it was right for me. It’s a newly-promoted club, but I can see straight away that there is a lot of ambition here within the club.”
The 28-year-old Croatian with five goals in 31 caps will find plenty of responsibility on a Hull City side that’s impressed at times and currently sits in a 10th place that’s just five points out of the relegation zone. Their 22 goals are mediocre when it comes to Premier League clubs and Robbie Brady and Yannick Sagbo lead the team in scoring with a mere four and three goals, respectively.
After scoring nine goals in 13 matches during his first PL campaign, his output dropped to seven in 37 last season and did not score in nine PL matches for Everton this year.
- PST Extra: Relegation in focus ahead of six-pointer in Cardiff 0
- Major League Soccer Preview: An alternate view of the 2014 regular season 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Top four shuffle, as pivotal stretch arrives – Week 28 0
- Ranking the candidates for MLS’s next two expansion teams (after Don Garber’s Tuesday Q-and-A) 4
- MLS Season Preview: Ranking the top 10 midfielders 0
- U.S. Soccer confirms three-game send-off series ahead of 2014 World Cup 3
- Revs Notebook: Targeting Strikers, Imbongo's Reds & Fagundez's Left Foot
- Chicago Fire Players to Watch for in 2014
- FC Dallas Unveil 2014 Home Kit
- Eddie Johnson's Bumpy Road to Designated Player Status
- Adidas & Nike Unveil Hybrid Cleats to Change Soccer Forever
- Preview: Sporting KC at Seattle Sounders FC
- Chelsea Face Stiff Test When Tottenham Visit the Bridge
- Egyptian Player Banned for Using 'Sisi' Sign
- Houston Dynamo Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season
- Vancouver Whitecaps: Players to Watch During the 2014 MLS Season