Jan 15, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Jose Mourinho, what a beauty.
Whether you love the Special One or deplore his antics, there’s no denying he’s constantly tinkering with the minds of his opponents in entertaining fashion (or at the very least making an attempt).
‘My feeling, which is based on years of communicating with Sir Alex and some inside information, is Man United are not happy, but they are calm.
‘They trust David. David trusts them. I don’t think David is under pressure. The pressure is something virtual. It is something that comes from the media as a consequence of not having the best results.
The most important thing in all of this is not the pressure that comes from the outside, it’s the reality of the inside.’
You follow? Jose Mourinho would like you, again, to know that he is on another plane, conducting his affairs at some sort of Knights of the Managerial Roundtable, where only he and select few other managers are allowed to discuss what goes into football managing’s holy book. It’s him, Sir Alex, Giovanni Trapattoni and Ottmar Hitzfeld entertaining guests with 400-year-old bottles of wine, aged cheese from the 1966 World Cup and unrivaled pearls of wisdom (like “get the best players in the world on your team”).
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1