Jan 15, 2014, 9:10 AM EST
Easy come, easy go.
That seems to be the case at White Hart Lane as Spurs work to find out who will continue to be a part of their European push and who’ll be part of the post-AVB exodus. The latest rumors have Etienne Capoue skipping town for Napoli, at 1.5 million pounds less than he cost from Toulouse this summer, and Lewis Holtby returning to Schalke after just one year.
The Turkish Football Federation only allows 10 foreign players on a roster and six in a Match Day 18m, but that isn’t stopping Galatasaray from trying to lure Charlie Adam away from Stoke City. Roberto Mancini is looking for Champions League reinforcements and Adam is not tied to Stoke (obviously). Among the foreign names you’ll notice on the Cimbom roster are Didier Drogba, Wesley Sneijder, Emmanuel Eboue and Albert Riera.
The agent for Porto midfielder Fernando, a target for Everton and Liverpool amongst others, has a bizarre quote regarding the player’s potential extension to keep him at the Portugal club.
“We’ve come to an agreement with Porto. The only thing that is missing are the details. Once they’re agreed we’ll sign.”
‘Details’ is a pretty vague term, wouldn’t you say? Seems like they may be encouraging foreign clubs to step their transfer games up.
Fulham made a play for a pair of West Ham players in Ravel Morrison and Mohamed Diame, but the 7.5 million pounds offered aren’t good enough for the Hammers to sell, though the Cottagers may be ready to suggest more. Morrison is considered the more desired of the two, but West Ham are reportedly in an uproar over the way Fulham have gone about their pursuit.
For all the talk of Julian Draxler heading to Arsenal, multiple reports say Schalke has not received a bid for the 20-year-old with a 45.5 million Euro out-clause.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3