Jan 17, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Arsenal are still in the hunt for Real Madrid youngster Alvaro Morata, but they now face competition from Inter Milan and Juventus as they try to gatecrash the Gunners. Morata, 21, is said to be available for $16 million and despite Arsenal playing it cool with regards to a new striker arriving in January, it’s believed Morata is the man they want. A clinical finisher who has always looked sharp coming off the bench for Real, Morata would be a perfect poacher to grab some important goals for the Gunners. Can Arsenal tie him down to a deal before the Serie A giants sneak in?
Salomon Kalou‘s name is still floating about, as the former Chelsea forward is linked with a move to Tottenham Hotspur. Kalou, 28, is currently playing for Ligue 1 side Lille but fancies a return back to England and spurs boss Tim Sherwood believes the Ivorian attacker could be the perfect replacement for Toronto-bound Jermain Defoe. A deal for Kalou could see him cost just $4.5 million and he’s expected in London over the next few days.
Everton are still chasing striker Michy Batshuayi from Standard Liege, as the 20-year-old forward is attracting interest from Benfica. Batshuayi has apparently been training on his own this week, as the Belgian international’s agent revealed to Everton that his client was available for $10 million. Liege weren’t happy with that and it seems as though Batshuayi could be a great replacement for Nikita Jelavic who left for Hull City earlier this week.
West Ham are continuing their search for a new striker, and with a move for Southampton’s Rickie Lambert stalling the Hammers have turned their attentions to former AC Milan star Alberto Gilardino. Currently playing for Genoa in Serie A Gilardino, 31, could help solve Sam Allardyce‘s problems up front and give the East London club some extra punch up top to stave off the lingering threat of relegation. The Hammers failed in a loan bid for Gilardino this summer, but seem set to nip back in and snatch up the former Italian international during the January window.
Newcastle United are braced for a monster bid from AC Milan for goalkeeper Tim Krul. The Dutch international has been earmarked by his countryman and new Milan boss Clarence Seedorf, after the 25-year-old ‘keeper has excelled in the Premier League this season. Valued at $12 million by the Magpies, it would be a massive blow if Krul left Tyneside but with a chance to play for one of Europe’s biggest teams, it’s difficult to see Alan Pardew standing in the Dutchman’s way. Let’s see how this one plays out.
- Americans Abroad Preview: European-based Americans back in action 0
- PST writers predict the 2014 Major League Soccer standings, do you agree? 3
- After monumental rebuild, Seattle Sounders target MLS Cup title. Can Sigi Schmid bring success? 3
- 2014 Season Preview: Welcome to the last year of MLS 2.0 4
- WATCH: Premier League TV Schedule – Week 29 0
- MLS Preview: Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City 0
- Everton is Focused on Beating Arsenal
- Moyes and Martinez Back Cleverley
- Luis Suarez Continues to Say the Right Things
- RSL 2014 Season Preview
- Portland Timbers Season Preview
- Toronto FC Season Preview
- Duvall, Oyongo & Stevenson Sign Contracts with NY Red Bulls
- Moyes Writes Open Letter to Man United Fans
- San Jose Earthquakes: Players To Watch In 2014 Season
- A Good Start Would Go A Long Way for the Chicago Fire