Jan 17, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
It’s been five days since troubled Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew flipped out on Manchester City gaffer Manuel Pellegrini during a touchline argument, calling the Citizens boss something that resembles “flipping old cart.”
The middle word is accurate, which is pretty silly considering Pellegrini’s a whopping eight years older than Pardew. In any event, Pardew continues to get grief for the classless display.
Supporters and pundits were fine with his chasing referee Mike Jones down the tunnel after the official deemed that Cheick Tiote’s wonderstrike should not stand thanks to a lazy Yoan Gouffran‘s slow return from an offsides position — many disputed the call — but crass, ageist curse words? That’s not something of which a mother approves.
Nor, as it turns out, do Pardew’s daughters. The Englishman is making penance for his public profanity after his kids wagged their fingers at him.
“There are a couples of things I would like to do outside my work hours in the local community. I have heard from John Carver there are a couple of Boys’ Clubs struggling and I am going to do something with a housing association in Walker [an area of Newcastle].
“That will be my penance to my two girls, who are a little bit miffed about my behaviour. They were very, very shocked. We don’t have a swear jar at home. I will just say my two daughters made it clear to me, ‘Daddy. Not appropriate, Daddy’.
To be fair, at least these donations will make a real difference. Swear jars usually end up going toward, what, pizza and beer?
- Champions League Wednesday preview: Arsenal can advance, Liverpool need kick-start 0
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 6
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0