Jan 17, 2014, 4:39 PM EDT
Robin van Persie’s a phenomenal and injured player and he doesn’t want to go anywhere, despite what you may have heard.
That’s the message from David Moyes, who also wants you to know that his players are behind him.
As we told you earlier, Moyes will be without both RVP and Wayne Rooney for this week’s match with Chelsea. For everything that’s been said about Manchester United’s struggles, it’s silly to ignore that the 24 million pound man (back when 24 million was a lot) has scored 10 goals in 16 matches for the Red Devils this summer.
And though you may have heard that van Persie is a wantaway thanks to United’s relative struggles in the Premier League this season, Moyes says no.
“I keep saying it is untrue but for some reason people don’t want to write it or hear it,” said Moyes.
“But it is the fact. Most people know that I talk pretty straight. If there was something wrong I would be the first one to come out and say it.
“I have a really good relationship with Robin, as I do with all the players. But when you are not winning, people look for reasons, and probably think I am not getting on with Robin.”
Manchester United and Chelsea are live from Stamford Bridge at 11am ET on Sunday and you can watch every game live and online at NBC Sports Extra.
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 2-1 Toronto FC 2
- EURO 2016 qualifying roundup: Germany back on track; Portugal beat Serbia, go top 0
- Report: Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner set to sell team to UK group 0
- MLS roundup: Whitecaps, D.C. United win late ones; FCD, Sounders in disappointing draw 1
- MLS Snapshot: FC Dallas 0-0 Seattle Sounders 0
- MLS Snapshot: Vancouver Whitecaps 2-1 Portland Timbers 2