Jan 18, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
The Manchester City juggernaut just keeps on trucking as they recorded their 100th goal in all competitions this season.
Edin Dzeko was the man to get the landmark goal as City reached 100 goals in 34 games, as they average over four goals a game at home and they’ve known scored 66 times from 17 home fixtures.
The magic moment came during City’s game against Cardiff at the Etihad Stadium on Saturday, as in the 13th minute Dzeko scuffed an effort over the line when David Silva found him with a great pass. The ball just crossed the line, as goal-line technology proved it was indeed City’s 100th goal of a fabulous season. So far.
With Manuel Pellegrini’s side pushing hard for even more goals, who knows, the magic 200 marker could be within reach this season?
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, because scoring 100 goals is a feat that isn’t often reached. Congratulations Mr. Pellegrini and Manchester City.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2