Jan 18, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
Arsenal are still leading the way at the top of the Premier League table, just, as Arsene Wenger‘s men welcome Fulham to the Emirates Stadium (Watch live on NBCSN, 10am ET and online via Live Extra) on Saturday.
The Gunners are hanging on in their after a fabulous start to the campaign, but injuries to key players have seen many questioning whether or not Arsenal should buy big in January. Theo Walcott‘s injury is a big blow but having Olivier Giroud and Nicklas Bendtner up top isn’t too bad.
Wenger is rumored to have agreed a new contract, which will be a relief for Arsenal’s fans, but all the French manager cares about is winning games.
As for Fulham, Rene Muelensteen has been in trouble for his comments on potential transfer targets as West Ham have complained about an illegal approach for Ravel Morrison. But that should be the least of Fulham’s worries as they slip alarming back towards the bottom three after a brief spell of positive results, but the Cottagers are just one point above the drop zone.
In team news youngster Serge Gnabry starts on the wing, while Giroud once against start up top. Fulham make six changes as Stekelenburg, Burn, Hangeland, Kačaniklić, Richardson and Dejagah all come into the starting lineup.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Cazorla, Gnabry, Ozil, Giroud
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Rosicky, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ju-Young Park
Fulham: Stekelenburg; Riether, Burn, Hangeland, Richardson; Dejagah, Sidwell, Parker, Kacaniklic; Dempsey, Berbatov
Subs: Stockdale, Riise, Kasami, Karagounis, Duff, Hughes, Bent
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Madrid clubs, Borussia Dortmund roll 0
- Three things we learned as Real Madrid rout Liverpool 0
- Arsenal’s Podolski, Gibbs break Belgian hearts in left-for-late win 0