Jan 18, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
Arsenal are still leading the way at the top of the Premier League table, just, as Arsene Wenger‘s men welcome Fulham to the Emirates Stadium (Watch live on NBCSN, 10am ET and online via Live Extra) on Saturday.
The Gunners are hanging on in their after a fabulous start to the campaign, but injuries to key players have seen many questioning whether or not Arsenal should buy big in January. Theo Walcott‘s injury is a big blow but having Olivier Giroud and Nicklas Bendtner up top isn’t too bad.
Wenger is rumored to have agreed a new contract, which will be a relief for Arsenal’s fans, but all the French manager cares about is winning games.
As for Fulham, Rene Muelensteen has been in trouble for his comments on potential transfer targets as West Ham have complained about an illegal approach for Ravel Morrison. But that should be the least of Fulham’s worries as they slip alarming back towards the bottom three after a brief spell of positive results, but the Cottagers are just one point above the drop zone.
In team news youngster Serge Gnabry starts on the wing, while Giroud once against start up top. Fulham make six changes as Stekelenburg, Burn, Hangeland, Kačaniklić, Richardson and Dejagah all come into the starting lineup.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Cazorla, Gnabry, Ozil, Giroud
Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Rosicky, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ju-Young Park
Fulham: Stekelenburg; Riether, Burn, Hangeland, Richardson; Dejagah, Sidwell, Parker, Kacaniklic; Dempsey, Berbatov
Subs: Stockdale, Riise, Kasami, Karagounis, Duff, Hughes, Bent
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3