Jan 18, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Manchester City welcome Cardiff City to the Etihad Stadium on Saturday (Watch live on NBCSN, and online via Live Extra) as Manuel Pellegrini’s men look to keep their 100 percent record going at home.
10 wins from 10 in the league so far has seen City became most people’s favorites to win the title, but Cardiff definitely know how to grind out results against Pellegrini’s men.
Remember back to a sunny August day in South Wales? The Bluebirds beat City 3-2 in a memorable win at the Cardiff City Stadium. Oh how Ole Gunnar Solksjaer would love a repeat of that in just his second PL game in charge of Cardiff.
But it will be a tall order as City have racked up 99 goals across all competitions so far this season, as the likes of Edin Dzeko, Alvaro Negredo and the returning Sergio Aguero have all been in wonderful form. Cardiff’s defense could have a torrid time of they don’t set their stall out properly on Saturday.
While Cardiff make four changes, as Mutch, Gunnarsson, McNaughton and Turner come in to the staring XI.
Manchester City: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Navas, Yaya Toure, Javi Garcia, Silva, Negredo, Dzeko
Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy, Fernandinho, Milner, Aguero
Cardiff City: Marshall; McNaughton, Caulker, Turner, Theophile-Catherine; Whittingham, Medel, Gunnarsson, Mutch, Noone; Campbell
Subs: Lewis; Hudson, Odemwingie, Kim, Eikrem, Bellamy, John
- What will Jurgen Klinsmann’s USMNT roster look like for 2015 Gold Cup? 2
- April Fools! The top gags that actually fooled soccer fans on this day 5
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Player of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Coach of the Season 0
- PST’s Premier League award predictions: Here’s our Team of the Season 3
- Who were biggest winners, losers from USMNT’s March friendlies? 5