Jan 19, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Earlier today, we discussed the 11-team relegation quagmire at the bottom of the Premier League, a topic NBC Sports’ Match of the Day panel tackled on Saturday. From Aston Villa in 10th the three teams tied at the bottom, only six points separate the first tier’s worst from the top half, leaving more than half of the league with serious relegation concerns through 22 rounds.
The most serious of those doubts rest with Cardiff, who sit in 20th place after this weekend’s action. Asked about which clubs will go down, neither Robbie Earle nor Robbie Mustoe have faith Ole Gunner Solskjær can turn things around.
As for the other clubs that might go down, NBC’s analysts share one point of agreement while seeing different futures for Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion.
Joined by studio host Rebecca Lowe, the duo discuss the relegation picture, above.
- Five things to look out for in UEFA Champions League semifinals 0
- Newcastle United standing by Carver through final matches of relegation battle 0
- In defense of Chelsea: The best team won, and looked just fine doing it 0
- Top seven moments that defined Chelsea’s championship season 0
- Chelsea crowned Premier League champions in record fashion 0
- Chelsea 1-0 Crystal Palace: Hazard goal fittingly clinches Premier League title (video) 0