Jan 19, 2014, 10:46 PM EDT
Earlier today, we discussed the 11-team relegation quagmire at the bottom of the Premier League, a topic NBC Sports’ Match of the Day panel tackled on Saturday. From Aston Villa in 10th the three teams tied at the bottom, only six points separate the first tier’s worst from the top half, leaving more than half of the league with serious relegation concerns through 22 rounds.
The most serious of those doubts rest with Cardiff, who sit in 20th place after this weekend’s action. Asked about which clubs will go down, neither Robbie Earle nor Robbie Mustoe have faith Ole Gunner Solskjær can turn things around.
As for the other clubs that might go down, NBC’s analysts share one point of agreement while seeing different futures for Crystal Palace and West Bromwich Albion.
Joined by studio host Rebecca Lowe, the duo discuss the relegation picture, above.
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3