Jan 20, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
The information on Monday’s closed door U.S. national team session remains preciously guarded, but we can do just a little better than paint mental pictures of the day’s training match with Brazilian heavyweight Sao Paulo.
The local team released a photo gallery spread; it features quite a few shots of the club’s players in the gym and in the pool and such. But work your way around those to see Mix Diskerud, Dax McCarty, Tally Hall and others among the 26-man U.S. contingent currently in Brazil.
The place certainly does look quite nice, eh? Remember, these are the fields and the facilities where the United States will base and practice this summer while in Brazil for the World Cup.
The photo you see above is courtesy of São Paulo Futebol Clube. (And if you click on the link to the photo spread, you’ll see a few paragraphs in Portuguese. ProSoccerTalk’s Portuguese translation division, a.k.a. my girlfriend, who grew up in Brazil, tells me the text is all about Sao Paulo FC, about its next match, etc., with very little mention of the U.S. contingent or Monday’s training match.)
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3