Jan 20, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
The information on Monday’s closed door U.S. national team session remains preciously guarded, but we can do just a little better than paint mental pictures of the day’s training match with Brazilian heavyweight Sao Paulo.
The local team released a photo gallery spread; it features quite a few shots of the club’s players in the gym and in the pool and such. But work your way around those to see Mix Diskerud, Dax McCarty, Tally Hall and others among the 26-man U.S. contingent currently in Brazil.
The place certainly does look quite nice, eh? Remember, these are the fields and the facilities where the United States will base and practice this summer while in Brazil for the World Cup.
The photo you see above is courtesy of São Paulo Futebol Clube. (And if you click on the link to the photo spread, you’ll see a few paragraphs in Portuguese. ProSoccerTalk’s Portuguese translation division, a.k.a. my girlfriend, who grew up in Brazil, tells me the text is all about Sao Paulo FC, about its next match, etc., with very little mention of the U.S. contingent or Monday’s training match.)
- Rodgers: Sturridge could face Chelsea in League Cup, certain to be back for Saturday vs. West Ham 0
- Sepp Blatter keeps talking trash at UEFA regarding FIFA election 3
- Sunday’s transfer rumor roundup: Konoplyanka to Everton, Clyne to Trafford 0
- Africa Cup of Nations roundup: Congo, Equatorial Guinea victorious in group finales, advance 0
- FA Cup Roundup: Upsets halted with West Ham, Villa, Arsenal wins 1
- Rodgers says Balotelli needs to vastly improve before playing for Liverpool 1