Jan 20, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
The information on Monday’s closed door U.S. national team session remains preciously guarded, but we can do just a little better than paint mental pictures of the day’s training match with Brazilian heavyweight Sao Paulo.
The local team released a photo gallery spread; it features quite a few shots of the club’s players in the gym and in the pool and such. But work your way around those to see Mix Diskerud, Dax McCarty, Tally Hall and others among the 26-man U.S. contingent currently in Brazil.
The place certainly does look quite nice, eh? Remember, these are the fields and the facilities where the United States will base and practice this summer while in Brazil for the World Cup.
The photo you see above is courtesy of São Paulo Futebol Clube. (And if you click on the link to the photo spread, you’ll see a few paragraphs in Portuguese. ProSoccerTalk’s Portuguese translation division, a.k.a. my girlfriend, who grew up in Brazil, tells me the text is all about Sao Paulo FC, about its next match, etc., with very little mention of the U.S. contingent or Monday’s training match.)
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 2
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 3
- Morgan Schneiderlin wants Southampton exit if they fail to make UEFA Champions League 4
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo could be fined, suspended for “calm down” celebration 4
- Three things we learned from the USA’s late defeat vs. Denmark 6